Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC File and Table of Contents Chapter Numbers Differ

Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I create a TOC file and import the table of contents in the opening chapter, the chapter numbers start on 4. I can't figure out whats happening...

TOC FILE

Table of Contents (Opening Chapter)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not quite getting what you're talking about - what are these 2 files? I can see the difference in the chapter numbering, but if the TOC file is correct, what's the other one where it's not? IIRC, page and chapter numbering is handled at the book level...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first is the TOC file, the second is the Table of Contents that I imported in the Opening chapter. To put the TOC in the Opening Chapter under the Heading "Contents", I have to import the TOC file into the Opening chapter of the Book. But for some reason, although its the same file, the chapter numbers change. Its weird.

I took over for someone (a newby) so I think he screwed with something.

Brett

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"the TOC imported in the Opening chapter"? Imported how? Text inset? Imported why? Why not just leave the TOC as the first bit of content in the book?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines