• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to move my Framemaker License from my old laptop to my new Desktop. When i put in the SN, the startup script accepts the SN and loaded the SW. When I try to run Framemaker, it tells me that the "License for this product has expired".

Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to move my Framemaker License from my old laptop to my new
Desktop. When i put in the SN, the startup script accepts the SN and loaded the
SW. When I try to run Framemaker, it tells me that the "License for this
product has expired".

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a copy of FM10? There was a licensing bug with that version a few years ago - run all the latest patches for it & it will be fixed. Find them directly at: Adobe - FrameMaker : For Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff - Thanks for the advice, but unfortunately it didn't work.  I downloaded the 10.1 and 10.2 updates.  10.1 wouldn't load, but 10.2 did.  I then un-installed the FM SW and re-loaded it as a trial.  Same Problem!!!  I installed the 10.2 patch, still the same problem!!!  I don't get it.  How can a Trial SW have a license issue.  It tells me that the trial has 30 days left.  It also asks me to register.  When I try, it says it can't do it, to try later.  Maybe that's the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IIRC you still had to load FM10 patches sequentially, so you need to figure out why 10.1 couldn't load. Are you installing as a local admin user on your machine? Do you access to the internet or are you locked down behind some corporate firewall? You may need to contact Adobe Support to help you get it installed - usually that's a free call.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jeff - The second email did the trick :-).  I had to 1st install Framemaker_10_2.zip and then I installed TCS3Update.zip (i.e., that was the 10.3 update).  Thanks so much for all of your help.

Regards,

Chelo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines