• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to load Images

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two machine, FM 2017 in 1st machine and FM 12 in 2nd machine.

In 1st machine, on FM 2017 files i have imported images as a references.

Later when I am trying to open the same files in 2nd machine (Note: Before opening them in 2nd machine, i have saved the FM files from FM 2017 files to MIF 7) not able to load the images.

Any solution..?Adobe FrameMaker​

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

First of all, when exchanging FrameMaker files between FM 2017 and FM 12, you should not go through MIF7, as you will lose Unicode and MIF 7 is really, really old. Better save the FM document as MIF 2017 document.

That said, can you give us some more details? Like, which graphics formats are used, are all the files (MIF and graphics) in the same folder like before or do you move the MIF to some other folder …

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, when exchanging FrameMaker files between FM 2017 and FM 12, you should not go through MIF7, as you will lose Unicode and MIF 7 is really, really old. Better save the FM document as MIF 2017 document.

That said, can you give us some more details? Like, which graphics formats are used, are all the files (MIF and graphics) in the same folder like before or do you move the MIF to some other folder …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you Stefan, your answer was helpful. I tried saving them as MIF 2017, now all the images are loading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ramb8102099:

Are the FrameMaker files on a shared drive that is accessible to both computers, or are you copying the files from one hard drive to another? With linked files, you must retain the relative paths, or you break the links.

Are you getting the Missing File dialog box when you open the .fm files on the second computer?

Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 9.58.03 AM.png

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Bard,

Yes, all the FM files are in shared drive and accessible to both computers.

i have tried the process as suggested by Stefan and its working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Terrific!

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines