• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unresolved cross-reference

Participant ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I just inherated a manual from a past employee. Some chapters have been moved, some removed, and some have changes. Now I have several chapters with unresolved cross-references. Most are from different chapters. All references are to figures. Is there anyway to update all in each chapter at one time, or aleast each chapter at a time.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eric,

Try Edit > Update References. There's a Commands pull-down menu in the upper right corner of the resulting dialog box. Select Update Unresolved Cross-References. That command brings up another dialog box which tells you which files have unresolved cross-references and helps you correct some errors. For example, you can change the file that contains the source. Good luck.

--Lynne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I get the first part. I can open the dialog box that asks "For Cross-References to Select File, Look in:" after that, I'm stuck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @ericCessna:

You are not alone. IMHO, this is the least intuitive dialog box in the Fm interface. 😩 

xref.png

Click the file with the unresolved x-refs at the top of the dialog box, under Total of X Unresolved Cross-References to Files Named:. Then double click the file where the reference was moved to in the For Cross-References to File, Look In: section. Fm will match up the marker to the reference and resolve the reference. 

If you are starting at ground zero with FrameMaker x-refs, this post may be helpful: 

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-framemaker-unresolved-cross-references/

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines