• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using variables in mailto hyperlinks?

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to insert a variable into a mailto hyperlink in a PDF doc. Static text is easy...

message URL mailto:<email address>?subject=Feedback for page

Clicking this in the PDF will launch the mail client with the subject of "Feedback for page" in the subject line. But I really need it to automatically populate with the current page number as well. So, I guess it's a dynamic link? Here's what I want to do but I can't get it to work....

message URL mailto:<email address>?subject=Feedback for page&<$curpagenum>

I've tried it witht he brackets removed and without the dollar sign. Both times the variable is just ignored. Anyone done this? Thoughts? Is this even possible?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might have to use some third-party plugin like Timesavers to achieve this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone know if this is possible without third party software?

using variables in a mailto hyperlink for PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

joeyw80200066,

This is not supported, although it would be kind of a cool feature. That said, it would be a very simple ExtendScript to pull it off, it were important enough to you. Any time I need something tricky like this, I turn to ExtendScript. It is remarkable what it can do.

Russ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines