• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is the best position to insert indexterm elements?

Contributor ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having issues with indexterm elements in DITA 1.3. Apparently and in general, one should use the prolog to place his/her indexterm elements. FrameMaker lets me do that but after publishing the ditamap, my index page is empty! Now if I place the indexterms in the body of for instance paragraph elements, the indexes appear properly. But I am worried it is going to cause problems lateron in translation.

TOPICS
Publishing , Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate to answer a question with a question, but I not sure about this. Can an XSLT transform be applied during the publishing process? If so, a simple XSLT stylesheet could be used to move the indexterm elements from the prolog to the body just for the output file. But I am not sure if there is a way to apply a transform at the publishing process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@frameexpert

Rick, you could capture the pre-publish event and then use an extendscript to run the required XSLT as required. That can easily be achieved.

thanks,

Amitoj Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I'm 99% sure you're using FM and not the discontinued XML Author program, so I've edited your tags to reflect that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jeff. Yes I am using FM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines