• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Whitepapers Broken

Participant ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a heads up that the Adobe FrameMaker whitepapers seem broken.

In FM 2019, there's a ... I don't know what to call it ... welcome area that has links to blogs, YouTube, Webinars, partners, and whitepapers.

I clicked on Whitepapers, selected one (at random, I was only being curious), and then Internet Explorer opened. That's not my default browser (Chrome is), but I was game. The Webpage prompted me to fill out the form; but there was no form. IE had opened but was unable to display the form Adobe put there. So, I copied the URL, pasted it into my default browser (still Chrome), and it took me to a place where I had to give Adobe the same demographics I gave them when I got the demo software and also when I bought the current software (eyeroll).

So, I did all that and ended up on a page that encouraged me to click a link to get the whitepaper.

"404"

Brilliant. I had been RickRolled* by Adobe. 

Cheers.

(*Not really, but you know what I mean.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting this checked.

thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which whitepaper did you try to download? I tested a few and the download links that appear after submitting the form all worked.

Let me know and I can check and if there is a link broken, we'll get it fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't really recall, I just wanted to check out a few. Maybe the FM v Word one? Sean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a follow-up, why does Internet Explorer open when I click these links in FrameMaker? Chrome is my default browser. Is this something FrameMaker is set up to do, open IE instead of Chrome? Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The white papers seem available now, so problem solved.

One problem that remains for me is the form that I need to fill out to get a whitepaper does not display in Internet Explorer. And, for some reason, Internet Explorer opens when I click the whitepapers link in the FrameMaker what's new area and select Read more. IE is not my default browser. To see the form, I must copy and paste the URL into Chrome, which is my default browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

b

W

Could you please check, which version of Internet Explorer you have? I have tried it with IE11 on Win 10 and that works fine.

IE opens because the Welcome Screen is based on Microsoft's a WebBrowser component. We will look into that.

Internet-Explorer-Version.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

IE 11.0.9600.19101

Cheers,

Sean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines