Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I generate review pdf?

Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a new user and am having difficulty generating a review pdf. No issues generating a regular pdf, but this one is giving me grief. Have gone into the setup and made sure that the 'generate tagged pdf' is turned on. I am using Acrobat Pro, latest version.

This is the error message I am getting:

pdf review error1.PNG

pdf review error2.PNG

Any input is appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patricia:

What version of FrameMaker? I just tried it on Fm 2019 with no issues.

And what is your workflow after you create a review PDF? Are you initiating an email review or a shared review and then importing the comments back into the FrameMaker document?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barb,

I am using 2019 FrameMaker (subscribed). I have tried choosing both the email and shared review option to try and generate the review pdf but I have not gotten that far. It tries to generate then gives me the above error and does not complete the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check to make sure your FM2019 is up to the latest version - there were some PDF-creation issues encountered in the first couple of patches issued.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

I did do an update but sadly this did not fix my issue. Could there be an issue with Distiller?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could there be some compatibility issue with Distiller?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think so - are you have any issues creating a PDF outside of FM? Have you tried using a different joboptions file of choices for distiller? Does it blow up on all docs or only certain ones?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

I did an update and now I cannot generate any pdf at the book level. I can do pdf at the single file level. I have tried different job options and still gives me the same error. I did manage to print to pdf but it brings in any images as grey boxes. I'm panicking as I have to send this out ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

In a panic, I started generating single files as pdfs with the idea of combining them into one doc in Acrobat. One of my files did not generate as it's own pdf but as the whole book. There may be a corruption with this file. This could be the sticking point. I will investigate this further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please do reach out to tech support if your problem still persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines