• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Accessiblity Tagging

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2008 Dec 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am beset with a particularly clueless implementation of Accessibility requirements. The company I work for is required to support Section 508, yet the instructions they have produced are basically waving their hands over the subject without concrete guidelines. So I'm having to define these as I go.

My question is: When tagging the paragraph tags for Accessibility, what kind of hierarchy detail is necessary?

For instance, do I set a descending hierarchy from the heading tags down to the body text, and lump all of the body text, tables, bullets etc. under the same tag level? Or do I follow the structure of the document strictly, separating the body text from levels of bullets, steps, tables, etc?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scott,
It's not clear from your post whether you're talking about accessibility in Frame, or of your final deliverable -- a PDF or help file, for instance.

Art

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Since the tagging is done from Frame and then distilled to PDF, it's both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines