• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker 2019 - Can't Save To PDF - Distiller Error

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am having an issue with a fresh install of FrameMaker 2019 on Windows 10.

It doesn't seem to have installed AcroDist.exe so I am unable to save as a PDF.

I get a popup with the message: "Framemaker could not find Adobe PDF Printer Instance, which must be installed to execute save to PDF" and then in the log files I see this:

Couldn't read SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\AcroDist.exeCouldn't read AcroDist\shell\open\commandCouldn't read SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\AcroDist.exeCouldn't read AcroDist\shell\open\command

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing but that hasn't helped. I did have Acrobat Reader DC installed so I uninstalled that in case it was causing issues and then did another re-install of FrameMaker 2019. Same issue.

I don't have any Adobe Printer showing up in my printers.

I tried installing the distiller package separately but it wouldn't let me. Told me to run the application install it came bundled with.

Out of ideas now...

TOPICS
PDF output

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

The solution is given here: https://helpx.adobe.com/framemaker/kb/unable-install-pdf-creation-add-on.html

The only thing is that Step 6 must be read as follows:

6. EXTRACT the updated distillr.msi file from the Distiller_msi.zip archive you downloaded in Step 1 into the AdobePDFCreationAddOn12_x86_x64 folder.

Originally these instructions do not say anything about extracting the MSI file so I just copied the archive itself into the the AdobePDFCreationAddOn12_x86_x64 folder. And when I tried to r

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you run the FM2019 installer as an Admin? You don't have the full Acrobat, right? Just the bundled "headless" one that comes with FM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might try this thread - Manually installing PDF Printer  or just give the FM team a buzz at tcssup@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2019 Feb 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran it as administrator yes.

I don't have any Acrobat installed now. There was Acrobat Reader DC installed but I uninstalled that in case it was causing conflicting errors.

Just doesn't appear to be installing Distiller at all with the FM installation.

I looked through that other thread but I don't have the Document/*.pdf option to add a new printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2019 Feb 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have fixed it by installing the trial of Acrobat CC which correctly installed Distiller and the Adobe Printer.

Not sure why FM2017 or FM2019 wasn't installing the Distiller correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2019 Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have sent you a private message. I can see that the issue has been fixed by installing the trial version of Acrobat CC, however if you need any further help then please check your inbox and provide the requested information so that we can connect and identify the root cause of the issue.

Regards,

Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, my name is Thomas from Germany an I have the same issue. I installed Framemaker Server 2019 on a Windows Server 2016 System and there was no Adobe PDF Printer installed automatically I installed as a local Administrator, i tried several times on two different virtual machines. Always the same issue, no Adobe pdf Printer installed. What can I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thomas,

I have sent you a private message. Please check your inbox and provide the requested information so that we can connect and look into the issue.

Regards,

Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that's not really the solution - it should be working as part of your FM install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have the same issue with my FM2019. It says I cannot save PDFs because there's no PDF printer installed. I don't have Acrobat Pro and I guess this is the reason! This is very frustrating because nothing like that ever happened with an older FM version that I had before. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Send a message to Ajit or e-mail the FM team at tcssup@adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The solution is given here: https://helpx.adobe.com/framemaker/kb/unable-install-pdf-creation-add-on.html

The only thing is that Step 6 must be read as follows:

6. EXTRACT the updated distillr.msi file from the Distiller_msi.zip archive you downloaded in Step 1 into the AdobePDFCreationAddOn12_x86_x64 folder.

Originally these instructions do not say anything about extracting the MSI file so I just copied the archive itself into the the AdobePDFCreationAddOn12_x86_x64 folder. And when I tried to run the following CMD command nothing happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines