• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameViewer

Aug 15, 2016 Aug 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello experts,

My client is using FrameViewer 5.x and I could not find any information for it.

Could anyone please let me know for any documents available.

Also please let me know if it is supported on Windows 10 (64 bit). Also if it has any supported version available.

Thanks in advance...

Thanks,

Aj

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 15, 2016 Aug 15, 2016

FrameViewer (and FrameReader) were like early versions of Adobe Reader for FrameMaker documents—it allowed someone to open a native FrameMaker document in a read-only format. It was retired at 5.5, I believe, so no, not supported on current versions of Windows. Save the Frame doc and as a PDF as open it in Adobe Reader DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2016 Aug 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FrameViewer (and FrameReader) were like early versions of Adobe Reader for FrameMaker documents—it allowed someone to open a native FrameMaker document in a read-only format. It was retired at 5.5, I believe, so no, not supported on current versions of Windows. Save the Frame doc and as a PDF as open it in Adobe Reader DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2016 Aug 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

re: It was retired at 5.5, I believe

FR 5.5.6 is still available as a download from Adobe. Apart from the problem of platform support (you might need to run it in an older Windows inside a VM), I wonder if FR5.5 can usefully open an FM document that was created on any FM later than 5.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you BarbBinder, Bob Niland....

So I need Adobe Acrobat Reader for Win 64 bit and I can say that that's upgrade for Win 64 bit for FrameViewer.

Thanks,

Aj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

re: So I need Adobe Acrobat Reader for Win 64 bit…

which is free as Acrobat Reader.

re: …and I can say that that's upgrade for Win 64 bit for FrameViewer.

It depends on what you were using FrameReader for. Acro Reader does provide mark-up of plain and Review PDFs. Acrobat Pro is a bit more capable. FM can import comments submitted by reviewers with either tool. See the "Review and collaboration" topic in the FM2015 help PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines