• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I just installed FM 2017 and the lowest 3rd of my welcome screen is always missing?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded from 2015 to 2017 FM - and the lowest 3rd of my welcome screen is always missing.

I did a complete uninstall/reinstall and it didn't seem to fix the issue.

All other features seem to work as expected - it just looks ridiculous and I can't use the shortcuts from that portion of the welcome screen...

2017fm welcomescreeen.PNG

Anyone know what's going on here or how to fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this on a monitor or a notebook? What resolution does it support and what resolution do you have specified at the system level?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is on a monitor I use as a secondary display for a notebook.

The monitor's resolution is set to 1366x768 (this is it's highest available resolution).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think your question just (sort of) solved it for me. 

There seems to be an odd effect where if I resize the FrameMaker window (on my secondary monitor) to a size larger than the screen on the notebook, it resizes the FrameMaker window container and content.  But any content that extends beyond the screen size of my notebook (even though it's displayed on my monitor) is essentially hidden in that grey area. 

For example, if I start with the window looking as it does in my screenshot, then drag up (for resizing) the bottom edge of the window, the grey gets smaller and then disappears and eventually the "Browse... Ctrl+O" and other content justified on the bottom edge displays.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for reporting this. We will also look at it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines