• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Out-of-the-box translation support

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest release of FrameMaker comes with an out-of-the-box support for the translation framework. Easily convert your FrameMaker book or a DITA map into XLIFF (XML Localization Interchange File Format) and share it with your localization vendor for easy processing. Once you have the translated files back, use the import feature to get the converted content back into FrameMaker. With a wide range of options to control what in included in your translation package, you have a better control over your content.

xliff-export-settings-dialog.PNG

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

It is really good news, but unfortunately I Can't find this function in my Framemaker.
Is it only available in 32bit version (I installed 64bit version, and I got 6th update patch installed)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The XLIFF Translation support is available in the latest version of FrameMaker. You can download the trial version from here: 

https://www.adobe.com/in/products/framemaker/download-trial/try.html

Hope this helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having difficulties importing all XLIFF files provided by our translation provider. Tried various settings in export dialog, many contacts with translation service who claim file is according to standard.
Have tried to contact via tcssup@adobe.com  yet no answer. Is this the correct contact address?
Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rex26678658kkid - what version of FM? And yes, that's the correct e-mail address for the FM folks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply. We are using version 16.0.4.1062
Good to know I got the correct address. We have been working on this with our translation provider for a while now, so thought email would be better as it gets very technical (not just what button to push).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

IIRC (since I do zero localization in my projects) is that @StefanGentz mentioned something someplace (in another thread) about some settings that you can tweak with that XLIFF file stuff. But I could just be mis-remembering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines