• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Regarding Arabic language in Frame Maker

Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding Arabic language in Frame Maker, I have a problem while using "Adobe Arabic" font, that problem arises when creating PDF files, the text corrupted and looks like boxes.

Another 2 problems while using "Arial" font,

The first one is, when using the 'Italic' function, it looks like (????) in the data and when creating PDF files.

The other one is, when using the 'nunation' marks, the letters which have such marks looks under the other letters level when creating PDF files.

So, what the reason for such problems or how can I solve them?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Hi There,

Can you please try to perform the below step and see if that works-

Go to File menu in FM 2015 > Print Setup >  Properties (Adobe PDF printer) > and uncheck the below option-

Capture.JPG

Then, generate PDF and you should get the correct font "Adobe Arabic" in the PDF. Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange. Can you give us some more information?

• Which version of FrameMaker are you using (exact build number in > Help > About FrameMaker)?
  • How are you creating the PDF? With "Save as PDF" or with print to ps and Distiller?
  • Which joboptions file have you assigned (and which PDF Version does it create)?
  • Classic, unstructured FrameMaker or Structured FrameMaker/XML? RGB or CMKY? Tagged PDF?

Also could you please copy & paste the paragraph from the picture and paste it into Windows Notepad and from there to the forum here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• I'm using the version 13.0.0.333
  • I tried both mentioned ways, but still give me the same result
  • I tried the following: High Quality Print, Press Quality and PDFX1a 2001
  • I selected RGB

يعد نظام الرؤية البصرية EyeSight نظامًا لدعم القيادة والذي يستخدم مجموعة من الوظائف لمساعدة السائق في اتخاذ القرارات من أجل الوصول إلى قيادة أكثر أمانًا وراحةً وللحد من إجهاد السائق. الاستفادة من الصور التي تم إنشاؤها بواسطة الكاميرا المجسمة التي تم تصميمها خصيصًا من قبل سوبارو، يقوم نظام الرؤية البصرية EyeSight برصد السيارة في الأمام والعوائق ومسارات المرور والعناصر الأخرى.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a first step, could you please install Update 5 for FrameMaker 2015 and check again?

You can trigger the update through > Help > Updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated the FramMaker  (13.0.5.547) but still give me the same result about Adobe Arabic font.

Regarding "Arial" font, only the 'nunation' problem is solved, but the italic problem still as it is.

Is the (Skew) existing in Indesign also available in FrameMaker?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have copied your sample paragraph to FM 2015 (13.0.5.547) three times and assigned Times New Roman, Arial and Adobe Arabic. Shows fine in FM:

But when I create a PDF, Times New Roman and Arial work fine, But Adobe Arabic is wrong like in your example:

I then tried to go the "traditional" route and printed the file into a postscript file (> File > Print) and ran it through Acrobat Distiller.

Then it was fine in the PDF:

Also, I have tried it in FrameMaker 2017 and there both the print to ps / Distiller as well as the Save as PDF route work and produce a PDF where also the paragraph formatted with "Adobe Arabic" works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much,

i tried it, and everything is fine except the Italic matter in Arial font

hope that you can help me in this matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Can you please try to perform the below step and see if that works-

Go to File menu in FM 2015 > Print Setup >  Properties (Adobe PDF printer) > and uncheck the below option-

Capture.JPG

Then, generate PDF and you should get the correct font "Adobe Arabic" in the PDF. Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you so much,

i tried it, and everything is fine except the Italic matter in Arial font

hope that you can help me in this matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines