• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

symbol font bolded is not applied

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In setting windows 7 ,whne i use postscript printer or adobe pdf , symbol font bolded is applied in equations of framemaker 11.

But In setting windows 10 , symbol font bolded is not applied in equations of framemaker 11 or framemaker 19 for testing.

How can i solve this problem?

[Moving from generic Start/Help forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]
[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does there exist a BOLD variation of that font or is the bold done by faux-bold?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bolded (vs. Bold) and Oblique (vs. Italic) are text rendering variations that may only be available when the FM Printer Setup specifies a Postscript driver (which may include PDF or Acrobat printer models). If the current printer model is, for example, HP-PCL, those options typically vanish.

In general, using these Ps variations tends to be less than typographically ideal. Use a font that has the actual variations required.

I don't have Win10 yet to test against, but it's possible that MS has changed the Windows driver model (or printer API) to further insulate apps from the capabilities and/or limitations of the current/default printer. If so, Bolded & Obliqued may be gone for good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's what I suspect. I know that Indesign does not do Faux Bold, but I do not know about Framemaker...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines