• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Fresco Crash Help?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help troubleshooting my Fresco crashing after loading documents. Crashes right at the document screen shown in the included screenshot.

I've tried CTRL + ALT + R for reload, waited 5 minutes, and relaunched, but it crashes still. I have also tried to re-install Fresco. I have NOT yet attempted a full Creative Cloud re-install.

I haven't had any luck figuring out how to roll back to the last version of Fresco I used, but I was using it fine right before I updated the program. Any instruction on how to do that, if possible, would be nice. 

I'll obtain logs however possible, as needed.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Side Note: The Crash Report window also crashes along with Fresco, disabling the ability to log and then send reports about Fresco crashing. Just thought I'd report that issue.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Hello @defaultdtwpfry3n43r,

Thank you for your patience. Our team has recently released a newer version of Fresco 4.7 that may help solve the issues you're experiencing. Could you please try updating to the latest version and let us know if it improves your situation?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't help with the actual crashing but to uninstall the update and return to an earlier version, go to the Creative Cloud Desktop app. Under Apps>then All Apps click the 3 dots next to Fresco. There's an option to uninstall there in red.

thejanebradbury_0-1685723618640.png

There is also the Other Versions option. This opens another small window with an earlier version of Fresco available to download. 

thejanebradbury_1-1685723669469.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We understand how frustrating it can be to experience crashes. Would you mind sharing the logs by following the steps shared in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html), so we can check it with the team? Also, try to download Fresco v4.0 from this updated link and let us know if it helps:

(https://ccmdls.adobe.com/AdobeESD/FRSC/4.0.0/win64/65329b20-2fb0-4131-a587-6df11b7f46e4/Adobe_Fresco...)

Note: This link is only valid for the next 24 hours.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As much as I appreciate the link to an older version in that link, as it DOES function, the animations I'm working on apparently require a later version, and I cannot remember exactly what iteration of Fresco I was running prior to updating. Although I at least now know that whatever version my animations were running on when I made them would at least be later than v4.0. 

In any case, when I get a chance, I will follow the guide and get the logs, and go from there, but I cannot do that right this moment.

As far as Jane's suggestion, while I also appreciate that, when I clicked the 3 Dots they referred to in order to uninstall, it did not include the Other Versions option depicted in the screenshots. I would guess this is why Anubhav provided that v4.0 link, because they understood I wouldn't be able to roll back through the app. But that's just a guess.

In any case, let the record show the rollback option wasn't available to me at any point through the instructions here, although perhaps there's another menu through which to roll back to previous versions that I'm just passing by accidentally.

Thanks for the replies, and I'll get back with the logs later when I have a moment, either this evening or tomorrow morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2023 Jun 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I'm sorry about the Other Versions; I've never come across that before, usually there is always something in the list. I hope you manage to get sorted out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the tool and I chose to upload the file and got the Success automatic e-mail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2023 Jun 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just re-installed Creative Cloud fresh, and I not only still don't have the Three Dots where you'd revert to previous versions of Fresco, but Fresco is still crashing after wiping all apps and their respective folders from my system, to ensure there are no file or program conflicts

I'd love to know why MY Creative Cloud doesn't allow me to install Legacy versions of apps, but OTHER people apparently don't have that issue. This is incredibly frustrating, and I'm now going on 24 hours of lost time being unable to finish my first ever animation commission, which I was quite excited to complete. You were right when you said it can be frustrating to experience crashes, but it is even more frustrating when things that should be there simply aren't there, and nobody can tell me why.

I just sat in a live chat with someone who gave me a link to 4.0.0, which doesn't work, because my animations I'm trying to finish were started using a later version. I was told that 4.6.1 is apparently experiencing "known issues" regarding crashing. I ABSOLUTELY know my freshly-installed Creative Cloud (I've freshly installed twice now) is up-to-date, so that's not the issue. The agent I was speaking with kept insisting on Remotely Accessing my PC in order to validate this, but I'm not interested in giving ANYONE remote access to my PC. When I asked them if they could simply provide me a install link to Fresco v4.6.0, they flat out refused, and I never got an explanation from them as to why.

So all that being said, I have a simple question at this point. What gives?? I'm not even angry. I'm just exhausted at this point. I feel like I'm running in circles and experiencing issues other people on this forum aren't having, so nobody can relate to be able to tell me what's wrong. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We understand how frustrating it can be to not be able to use a newer version of Fresco with the latest features. At this time, we are only able to provide download links for major release versions of the Creative Cloud apps. The (dot) releases are only available through the Creative Cloud desktop application. We apologize for the difficulty you have faced with this and hope to remedy the situation with a future update.

Feel free to reach out if you have more questions or need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your patience. Our team has recently released a newer version of Fresco 4.7 that may help solve the issues you're experiencing. Could you please try updating to the latest version and let us know if it improves your situation?

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines