Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Adobe Fresco Motion exports at a very low quality, no matter the canvas size

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So here's an issue I've found with Adobe Fresco's animation/motion features. I've been animating on canvases that are always at least 1080 x 1920 (HD), and this gif was animated on a 2160 x 3840 px canvas, 266 dpi (though that doesn't really matter since this is a digital file and not to print). However, every time I go to export it, it decides to export at 576 x 1024 px. This doesn't change even as I raise canvas size, up the fps, nothing I find is allowing me to export at a higher setting.

Obviously this is less than ideal, since now any animation I export looks blurry to some degree and the only other way I can get it back up to high quality would be to export the png's seperately and edit them myself (which, I will be doing at this point). 

Does anyone else have this problem, and is there a fix? 

Note: I'm drawing on an 12.9 in Ipad Pro, newest ios with an apple pencil. Fresco version is 3.7.5 and up to date. The exported gif is at 12fps but I tried upping it to 24 and the same file size issue occurs.

TOPICS
Canvas settings , Performance , Publish & export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Keeping mind that a gif is raster and does not hold the quality of a Vector image could this be contributing to your quality issues?

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keeping mind that a gif is raster and does not hold the quality of a Vector image could this be contributing to your quality issues?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wondering what the solution is to this. My gifs are also lousy quality. Any advice anyone?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here, I recently finished an animation that I wanted to post. Gif version was blurry, but mp4 was fine. However, I need the Gif version so it repeats. Adobe Fresco needs to fix this, it shouldn't change the file size or make it blurry. It ruins the animation.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines