• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Fresco Photo Painting Not Working - how to pick brush colour from photo?

Engaged ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

I've tried to reproduce the photo painting steps on the following page, but without success:

https://blogs.adobe.com/creative/better-together-photoshop-on-the-ipad-and-adobe-fresco-premium/?red... 

I'm on the latest Fresco on iPad but it is not behaving the same way as outlined in the tutorial. Steps I have carried out:

1. Load a photo into a Fresco pixel layer

2. Select a Live Oil Brush

3. In Colour tool, set Opacity to 0

At this point, the article claims that the brush will now paint on the photo.However, all that happens for me is that as soon as I tap the Apple Pencil onto the pixel layer, it creates a new live layer above it.

However the screenshot in the article does not show a new live layer being created above the photo layer, but it shows the oil paint effect appearing on the photo while the photo layer is still active.

Has anyone managed to get this working? If anyone can please explain the exact steps required to reproduce this effect I would be very grateful.

Im on an iPad Pro 2017, iOS 13.4.1 and Apple Pencil 1, with Fresco 1.6.0

Thanks

Richard

TOPICS
How-to , Layers , Live brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The article seems to forget the step where you have to turn the image into a pixel layer.

With the image layer selected tap on the three dots. Near the bottom of the list choose Convert to pixel layer.

You should now be able to paint using the transparent live brush picking up the colour from the photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sjaani

Thanks for your reply. Apologies for my delayed response, for but some reason Adobe Forum notifications have been flagged as spam. 

I'll have a go at the steps you outine.

Thanks
Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same exact frustration! Seems like Adobe would make this one of their videos on how to...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines