Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresco v4.6 crashing on iPad & Windows

New Here ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I don't know if I'm the only one in this case, but since a few days my Fresco app keeps crashing on my ipad.

I saw there was an update, which I did, but same again. I turned my Ipad off completely, then back on, but same again.

I didn't try, yet, to uninstall and install back (beeing afraid of loosing things).

Is it only me or is there something about this last version/update ?

Thank you for your help.

Marie-Agnès

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Hello @Marie-Agnès27828685wt0u@Muireann28789202ssca@Petro24295500hoox@Leah29982667mh0e,

Thank you for your patience. Our team has recently released a newer version of Fresco 4.7 that may help solve the issues you're experiencing. Could you please try updating to the latest version and let us know if it improves your situation?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tested on a computer, same crash : 

MarieAgns27828685wt0u_0-1683811590000.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Marie-Agnès27828685wt0u,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with Fresco.

I've checked several posts on the community, and it looks like there have been a few reports of Fresco crashing on the iPad and Windows after the latest update. We're currently investigating the issue, and it would be really helpful if you could share the following details:

We appreciate your time and efforts in resolving this issue.

Best regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Anshul_Saini ,

Thank you for your answer.

It crashed at the very begining on launch, on both computer and ipad. I couldn't even send the report (I tried several times from the computer. I just had enough time to make a screenshot, nothing more).

I actually, deleted and installed back the app on my ipad, and it works correctly. I also found my work back (that I was worry of loosing with deleting the app).

I guess, I wouldn't be able to help very much.

Than you for your time,

Best regards,

Marie-Agnès

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about this for a new feature, " Adobe Fresco NO LONGER CRASHES UPON START UP." 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're having trouble with Fresco? I haven't. What device and OS are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still crashes on Windows 10. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fresco worked once and now crashes and won't let bme senjd a report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anshul, I went and udated to the latest 4.6.0 and also tried 4.6.1, windows 10, now everytime I open it crashes I also don't get the option to revert to an earlier version other than 4.6.0. please help me. I have seen this is not an isolated event amongst consumers. For over a year this issue has been going on. I would like to have the updated experience rather than having to use version 4.0. Thankyou David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to be able to use the new version of Adobe Fresco but unfortunately, you are ignoring everyone's complaints about the latest versions crashing. So I am stuck using 4.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @David28342602n80n @Petro24295500hoox @Leah29982667mh0e @ziggy2030 @togotooner,

We are still investigating the issue. There are many crash scenarios, and the team is currently collating all the cases and working toward a fix. 

It would be really helpful if you could share the following details:

I will be looking forward to your response.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day Anshul, 

Thank you for your response, I have uploaded my files to LogCollector: File: AdobeLogs_20230606_063433_640-win-GS.zxp

But I know the files don't always show, so here is a shared file as well with my video and the file https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/c18143eb-56c8-46f2-4206-1868a73fae5c

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Petro24295500hoox, thank you for sharing the logs and screen recording. We appreciate your patience and cooperation. If you require a direct link to Fresco 4.0 in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me or @Anubhav Majumder. We will keep you updated on the progress of the next release with a fix.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am having the same issue with fresco, it crashes either when loading a document or when I change to a mixing brush if I get the document to load. I've tried everthing advised on the forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Muireann28789202ssca,

We understand how frustrating it can be to experience crashes. Would you mind confirming whether you're using Fresco on an iPad/iPhone or a Windows computer?

If you're on an iPad/iPhone, kindly check if all of your work is synced online (https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents). If yes, kindly try deleting Fresco, restarting your device, and then reinstalling the app to check if it helps. Also, check if the OS installed is up to date (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204204).

If the issue persists, kindly share the crash report so that we can investigate this further:

• Open iPad Settings > Privacy & Security > Analytics & Improvements > Analytics Data. You will see file names like “JetSam-2023-01-03-083327.ips” (2023-01-03 is the date in the log & 083327 is the time). Ensure you share the recent log file after the crash by looking at the timestamp.
  • Upload the file to (https://assets.adobe.com) and share a link to the file here or via DM.

If you're on Windows, kindly share the logs by following the steps shared in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html), so we can check it with the team. Also, try installing Fresco v4.0 using this link and checking if it helps: https://ccmdls.adobe.com/AdobeESD/FRSC/4.0.0/win64/65329b20-2fb0-4131-a587-6df11b7f46e4/Adobe_Fresco...

Note: The link is only valid for the next 24 hours.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Marie-Agnès27828685wt0u@Muireann28789202ssca@Petro24295500hoox@Leah29982667mh0e,

Thank you for your patience. Our team has recently released a newer version of Fresco 4.7 that may help solve the issues you're experiencing. Could you please try updating to the latest version and let us know if it improves your situation?

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines