Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apple Pencil does not work with Lettering Pens

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've read some posts on the Apple Pencil not working with all the pens in Adobe Fresco and they've said to update the app, operating system of the iPad, and make sure the pencil is fully charged. I've done all of these things and even checked the pen pressure settings within fresco and nothing seems to work. I cannot use all of the pens in Fresco, including the lettering ones.

Does anyone know why this might be and/or had this problem and solved it? Thanks!

TOPICS
Performance , Pixel Brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kathryn. 

We hear this with some frequency because many of Fresco's brushes respond extremely well to finger pressure but when used with a pressure-sensitive stylus they require quite a bit of pressure. Still other brushes are not intended to be used at small sizes and don't work with Pencil unless they're sized-up.

I just tested the Pixel > Lettering brushes with my Apple Pencil and I didn't have trouble with them (with the exception of the first one in the group Lettering > Brush which required quite a bit of pressure to make a mark unless it's over a 20 size)

You mentioned that you reset some of the settings. Have you done that in App Settings?

From the Home screen in Fresco tap the gear icon in the upper nav.

In the App Settings menu tap Input > Pressure Sensitivity make sure the slider is all the way to the left and test the Lettering brushes. 

If you tell me exactly which brushes you're having trouble (and the settings you've created for them), I can test them on my end. 

Let me know. I might want you to send me a "test" sheet through Fresco's Report A Bug link. 

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines