• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export PNG sequence with transparency

Participant ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to export out a PNG sequence (comes out as a ZIP file) that has background transparency. It doesn't seem to work. In the app I'm seeing the checkboard showing no background, but it doesn't export out that way. Any tips? 

TOPICS
Publish & export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're one up on me, mine is saving an empty zip file.

I would suggest adding a feature request on the Fresco Uservoice site. As it sounds like the development team has forgotten that png can be transparent and automatically added a background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Prof Josh & @Sjaani,

Sorry about the trouble. I checked this with the product team. There is currently a bug in Fresco that prevents this. We will be addressing this issue in the upcoming Fresco 3.1 update, which will be released soon. Until then, please try the following workaround. To export a transparent PNG sequence, you will need to Hide the background layer when exporting. This will export the sequence as transparent PNG's. Let me know if it works.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. My testing had no background layers visible, they were all hidden. My background showed the checkboard indicating transparency, but it did not export that way. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know I can export a PNG image with transparency, but PNG sequences always export without transparency.  Is it possible to export a PNG sequence with transparency yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Thank you for your time & patience. We rolled out an update couple of days ago addressing this issue. I have checked personally, and I am able to export the PNG sequence with transparency now. Let me know if you face any issues after updating to Fresco v3.1.0. I will be happy to help!

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I updated Fresco on my Ipad moments ago. I recieved an empty zip folder, but I was able to open the psdc in Photoshop. Photoshop did not generate a timeline. This is not a big deal since I prefer Animate. I imported to stage using key frames and original placement. I got a perfect animation sequence with my Fresco motion file. Hopefully, this is useful information to someone. Also, I find it's helpful to constantly add comments and "save now" to preserve my efforts in Adobe Freco.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines