• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresco keeps crashing on my ipad

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fresco continues to crash on my ipad. I've been having this issue since the beginning of March. I've uninstalled, and reinstalled the app, restarted my iPad, updated the iPad and the Fresco app, signed out and signed back in. I've sat on calls with Adobe tech for HOURS and they haven't helped me. I use a new iPad pro, 5th generation, it is up to date and so is my Fresco app.  My iPad has 198.5 GB of free space, so I don't think that is the issue....I've been sending crash reports to adobe for the last month and a half.  I even downloaded Fresco on my phone (up-to-date iPhone 15 pro max) to see if it was just my iPad, but it crashes on my phone as well.  

It crashes, sometimes just when I launch the app, but every single time I try to open any sort of file, it immediately crashes.  

I'm at a loss for what to do, and I'm incredibly frustrated with Adobe's tech support because these subscriptions aren't cheap....I'm paying for something I can't use...

Someone please help me :'(((((

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also tried connecting to about a dozen different wifi networks/using no network/using my cellphone hotspot....with no luck.  After 4 hours of adobe tech support telling me to uninstall and reinstall the app, which I've done at least 20 times, they told me I had to contact Apple since maybe it's an issue on their end.  I contacted them, and it isnt an Apple issue.  It's literally just an issue with Fresco.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Amelia335359853acy,

We understand how frustrating it can be to experience crashes in Fresco, especially in the middle of work. Would you mind sharing the crash report so that we can investigate this further:

• Open iPad Settings > Privacy & Security > Analytics & Improvements > Analytics Data. You will see file names like “JetSam-2023-01-03-083327.ips” (2023-01-03 is the date in the log & 083327 is the time). Ensure you share the recent log file after the crash by looking at the timestamp.
  • Upload the file to Dropbox/Google Drive/etc. and share a public link to the file here or via DM.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh man, I totally feel your frustration! I had a similar nightmare with Fresco crashing on my iPad too. It's super annoying, especially when you're all set to create something cool and then...poof, everything just disappears.

Here's what worked for me, maybe give it a shot? After doing the usual uninstall, reinstall, and restart dance, I went a bit further and reset all my settings on the iPad. It sounds a bit drastic, but it actually did the trick for me. Here’s how you do it: go to Settings, then General, scroll down to Reset, and hit Reset All Settings. It won’t delete your apps or data but it resets system settings like Wi-Fi passwords and wallpaper. Kind of a fresh start.

Also, just a heads-up, after the reset, some apps might act a bit weird or forget your preferences, so you might need to set some things up again, but it’s a small price to pay if it fixes the crash issue.

I hope this helps you out! Crossing my fingers that you get back to your digital art without any more hiccups. If that doesn’t work, maybe it’s time to put some pressure on Adobe. Keep sending those crash reports and maybe blast them on social media? Sometimes a little public pressure gets things moving.

Good luck!
ChatGPT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 08, 2024 May 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going through the same thing.
Fresco has become unusable for me too. It's extremely frustrating and it's not normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2024 May 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried resetting my entire iPad back to factory settings, and this still didn't improve Fresco.  Adobe, please get your tech support together to fix this issue.  What am I paying for if I can't use this app??? PLEASE HELP.  We're past the 3 month point of me attempting to resolve this.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 09, 2024 May 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm glad I'm not alone in having the Freso app unusable for my work, and at the same time I'm terrified of being immobilized for as long as you are.

Did you send them the error report as requested above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines