• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresco watercolor brush different from sketch??

Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2022 Jan 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Adobe Fresco is supposed to be Sketch + so much more, where am I supposed to find a watercolor brush similar to the one used in sketch?

**In photo attached below: middle is Adobe sketch, right and left is Fresco

My main concerns:

-Where is the texture?

-Why does the blending bring up so many undertones of both color, turning the result brown and murky?

-Is there a way to have similar soft, realistic edges, as strokes in sketch have?

Signed,

A very concerned artist that is about to loose a lot of money over this. 

TOPICS
Live brushes , Performance , Pixel Brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

I would suggest heading over to the Fresco UserVoice page and adding your request to numerous others who would like to see Fresco replicate more from Sketch.

Have you added the extra brushes available from Kyle Webster? Some of these may suit your purpose.

The oil brushes in Fresco would give you a closer result to your Sketch example.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest heading over to the Fresco UserVoice page and adding your request to numerous others who would like to see Fresco replicate more from Sketch.

Have you added the extra brushes available from Kyle Webster? Some of these may suit your purpose.

The oil brushes in Fresco would give you a closer result to your Sketch example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am also very disappointed that the beautiful watercolor brush from Sketch is nowhere to be found in Fresco. In Sketch, you could make really large wet wash strokes and the colors would flow together like real watercolor on paper. It also left a very nice subtle texture wherever you made a stroke. I bought the Fresco paid version hoping it would be there but even with the extra brushes available, I have not found anything even close to that Sketch watercolor wash brush. I don't understand why it was necessary to not include it in Fresco.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines