Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[How To] Draw a perfect circle (or square) in Fresco using shape tool

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

i'd like to know if there is a way to draw a perfect circle in Fresco (or a square) for iPad?

Is there any shape tool? or anything else to do it?

If not, maybe it would be great to add it on the next update, it can be really helpfull for the first sketches.

Maybe a tool like in Procreate since Fresco seem to be a direct competitor to Procreate.

I love Fresco but with this tool i would love it more;-)

Thanks a lot!

j.

[Renamed by Mod]

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

You might be able to use the selection tool to create your shapes. They work better with the fill tool than any of the brushes but at this point using the selection tool to create a square or circle would probably be your best bet. You could also use the ruler to create a square. Or draw a line hold the point in place and the line will straighten.

Other than the options in the selection tool there is no way to create shapes really though.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

And you are using the circle tool to draw around? I use the circle and square shape tools (bottom right corner where you see the ruler icon as an alternative option) to draw the lines. Not sure why they bury them as it drove me crazy at first trying to find them. I agree a feature to draw circles like the lines automatically would be amazing. I do miss that feature from other drawing apps. When I'm trying to create filled in partial objects like half a circle I fill in the whole object then sele

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Just to put it out there: There are tutorial videos. Check this one out on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtIsM337Esk&list=PL_M1XqWciwDwc43ac2Bz_K01bBkjfoDwu&index=1 See the 24 min mark about "How to draw a perfect circle."

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might be able to use the selection tool to create your shapes. They work better with the fill tool than any of the brushes but at this point using the selection tool to create a square or circle would probably be your best bet. You could also use the ruler to create a square. Or draw a line hold the point in place and the line will straighten.

Other than the options in the selection tool there is no way to create shapes really though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why can't you suggest Adobe devs to study some of Lazy Nezumi Pro's features and implement them in Fresco ? Mainly drawing assistant tools like circle/ellipse ruler, perspective rulers, straights lines rulers, radial lines rulers and whatnot ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

J'ai bien essayé, mais on est loin du compte, sans compté que Fresco est facturé 11€ par moi et de ce point de vue n'arrive pas à la cheville de Fresco pour ces fonctions de créations de formes, c'est bien dommage et Adobe perd certainement beaucoup de bon retour d'artistes à cause de ce genre de manquemqnt !

I tried well, but they are far from count, without relied that Fresco is invoiced 11€ by me and from this point of view do not arrive at the ankle of Fresco for these functions of creations of forms, it is definitely damage and Adobe loses certainly a lot of good return of artists because of this type of manquemqnt!

Yves Crausaz, Suisse, retraité actif dans le monde de la photo et des arts graphiques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

....So there is not a quick and convenient way to draw a circle, you know... one that doesn't get filled? Is there plans for one? So the shape tool is really just a stamp tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wmcqiv. 

Sjaani's suggestion is, for now, the only way to create a simple shape in Fresco and, yes, it's only possible to fill shapes, not outline them. 

We're working on those shape tools though. 

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know the previous Adobe apps such as Sketch & Draw that were phased out for Fresco had the ability to trace shapes. I'm really missing that feature. Hope it gets imported over soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No way to outline shapes!  I hunted for that feature for a long time, as I couldn't believe such an obvious basic feature  wouldn't be there .  Please add soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously though, how hard could it possible be for a company like Adobe to implement something so basic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like seriously!? It was in there previous app that this app replaced. How
difficult is it to import code?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are they then? This was 18 months ago – as someone else has said this was a standard feature in sketch that this program replaces – seems like a pretty essential and simple function to me why hasn't it been sorted out particularly now since January 10 2021 sketch is no longer available

Not really good enough…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please study Lazy Nezumi Pro's (Photoshop plugin) features and implement them in Fresco.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bro this was TWO years ago now and it's still not a feature. What's up?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Friendly feedback: it would be helpful to mention how to do that with the selection tool. But at least you mentioned it as a possibility. So now I know what to search for next. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the mode suggested in Fresco....

Yves Crausaz, Suisse, retraité actif dans le monde de la photo et des arts graphiques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And here is how they can make in Procreate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to see this feature in Fresco - It's a crucial part of the way I work in Draw so without this Fresco is simply not a good enough replacement. I read in some other posts on here from late 2019 that these features are coming. Can you please update us with the progress or expected delivery of these features because I'll hang in Draw until this feature is released in Fresco. 🙏🏼

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same with me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just checking, we're nearing the end of 2022 and is there still no option for this? I'd like to be able to draw by hand an incomplete perfect circle with a sumi-e style brush but can't seem to find that as an option with out a time consuming process (in comparison to a simple wrist movement and hold on the screen like with a straight line, which is great by the way.) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's wild to me that it's been two years and you still can't draw the most basic of shapes without several workaround. I hate to say it but this is keeping me from using this program, every time I open it and need a vector circle, I can't figure out how to, get frustraed and go back to using Procre@te!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I've started using procreate as well now. Can you do what I'm asking in there? I.e. draw your circle, keep the pencil pressed to the screen and it create perfect round-ness?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you are using the circle tool to draw around? I use the circle and square shape tools (bottom right corner where you see the ruler icon as an alternative option) to draw the lines. Not sure why they bury them as it drove me crazy at first trying to find them. I agree a feature to draw circles like the lines automatically would be amazing. I do miss that feature from other drawing apps. When I'm trying to create filled in partial objects like half a circle I fill in the whole object then select the area to remove and erase it. Sorry if this is all obvious, you have likely tried this. And it is a few steps more than I would like. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow thank you for that! Did not know that existed. Never held down the ruler button to see those other options. Means i can position it perfectly each time also. That'll do the job nicely thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to put it out there: There are tutorial videos. Check this one out on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtIsM337Esk&list=PL_M1XqWciwDwc43ac2Bz_K01bBkjfoDwu&index=1 See the 24 min mark about "How to draw a perfect circle."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not the correct answer. The question is how to DRAW a circle. The question is not how to use the selection tool to select a circular shape.

"i'd like to know if there is a way to draw a perfect circle in Fresco"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines