• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[How To] Import PDF or Ai file into Adobe Fresco

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how can you import a pdf or ai file from macbook (illustrator) to ipad adobe fresco? Since I want to make adjustment on my vector file on my ipad with adobe fresco.

[Renamed by Mod]

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Hello Joshua33934385ybdr,

I understand your frustration regarding the absence of the feature to import PDF or Ai files directly into Adobe Fresco. While I don't have specific information on when this capability will be available, your feedback is valuable. I recommend upvoting and commenting on the related Uservoice suggestion, as the Adobe Fresco team monitors this platform for user input. Here's the link to the suggestion: Import SVG, AI, EPS, PDF files.

I hope this information helps, and

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hear what you are saying but it's still weird to me that Adobe hasn't fixed/thought about the fact that you can't import vectors into Fresco. And Illustrator doesn't have the brusches that Fresco has. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How come in late 2022 you can send you Adobe Fresco files and edit smoothly in Adobe Illustrator Ipad but you cant send it back to Fresco after you did one or two tweaks? 

That makes no sense at all, this function should be native to the apps, Whats going on Adobe??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This makes zero sense....why be able to create vector art in Fresco but not be able to import vector art into fresco?  Really wanted to use my tablet to enhance a vector ilustration by adding texture with the drawing capabilities on a tablet.

This chould have been a logical move once you made it possible to create vector art in Fresco.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Insane that even Goodnotes or Notability can import PDF files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2023 Bump. Promising experience with Fresco, but without a real workflow, it's just a toy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning,

Adobe Fresco Team, is there any update on when this feature will become available? Or any information on why you are resticting this capability. Is it just a problem with the app design? We have been patiently waiting since the mass conversion from draw with promises of it coming in the future throughout this thread and others. 

Does anyone know of other drawing apps that allow for easy movement between vector files?

Would be great asset to the adobe fresco app if this could function in this way. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Joshua33934385ybdr,

I understand your frustration regarding the absence of the feature to import PDF or Ai files directly into Adobe Fresco. While I don't have specific information on when this capability will be available, your feedback is valuable. I recommend upvoting and commenting on the related Uservoice suggestion, as the Adobe Fresco team monitors this platform for user input. Here's the link to the suggestion: Import SVG, AI, EPS, PDF files.

I hope this information helps, and thank you for your patience.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2024 Feb 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The fact that this is flagged as "solved" is disheartening. The issue has not at all been solved, it's been a missing critical feature that Adobe has claimed to be working on since 2019. Not being able to truly edit files in Fresco adds a frustrating "workaround" fix that adds a ton of time to a project's workflow. I understand that it may not be as simple as we want it to be but in five years I guess I expect some progress towards it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines