• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

More compatibility with other devices

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to use the Adobe Fresco app on my Lenovo Yoga laptop - its converts into a tablet and I have a pen for it - however, Fresco is only compatible with iPads and Surfaces. It would be great if in the next update more devices could be compatible with this application.

TOPICS
Device

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Hi Laura,

Thanks for reaching out. As of now, Adobe Fresco is only available on the devices listed here https://helpx.adobe.com/fresco/system-requirements.html?promoid=45P49TCS&mv=other

I will pass on your feedback to the product team and you can do that too here https://adobefresco.uservoice.com/forums/919786-adobe-fresco

This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Laura,

Thanks for reaching out. As of now, Adobe Fresco is only available on the devices listed here https://helpx.adobe.com/fresco/system-requirements.html?promoid=45P49TCS&mv=other

I will pass on your feedback to the product team and you can do that too here https://adobefresco.uservoice.com/forums/919786-adobe-fresco

This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases. 

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh,

Thank you! I will also pass on my feedback to the product team.

Warmly,

Laura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a brand new Lenovo IdeaPad Flex and it's March...still itsn't compatible.

Very frustrated...extremely frustrated. I've been waiting for this product and picked this over an apple product because you were launching it (I was considering Procreate). 

It is a disappointment. Brand new computer, paid subscription, and can't use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's unfortunate for you having bought the Lenovo and expecting you'd use Fresco on it. Adobe has been very clear which devices are supported, and have made no promises about support for other devices. I'm sorry for your frustration, but I fear it is built on a false expectation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The response above is very harsh Mr Hoffman. I too would like to free draw on my ideapad. I do use illustrate but it is not as intuitive as I would have like. Would there be any updates in the near future for this app to work on the ideapad?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been happily using Adobe Fresco from v1.5 (April 2020) to the currently latest v1.8 (July 2020) on a Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga X1 3rd gen (with Intel UHD Graphics 620) and I love it! All these versions worked great on my device, including the beautiful live brushes. And it does not make any sense for Adobe to prevent users like me from installing Fresco using the official installer.

The fact that Fresco works on my device is *not* surprising, given that it has exactly the same CPU/GPU as the Microsoft Surface Pro 5, which is officially supported. It also has the same GPU, but a much more powerful CPU as the Surface Go, which is also supported.

However, surprisingly, none of these four versions of Adobe Fresco officially supported my Lenovo device, and I could only install it from an unofficial installer, pointed out by others on this forum.

It looks as if the list of the supported device was not due to hardware limitations, but maybe is due to commercial agreements: perhaps Adobe is charging PC manufacturers a fee to be included in the list of supported devices?

If for all these months Adobe, with all its resources, has really been unable to test Fresco on more devices, why did they not involve users like me in beta testing? Adobe, I am happy to install a beta version of Fresco, and report on its performance/bugs, rather than install it from an unofficial installer. And I am sure many other users would be happy to do the same.

Can you please explain and clarify why you seem unwilling to expand the list of supported devices? And why are you preventing users like me, which have a device that can perfectly run Fresco, from installing it, even without official support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

I wonder if you could point me to the unofficial installer you mention..

I just bought a Lenovo Thinkpad with AMD Ryzen and Radeon graphics, and have acquired an Adobe Creative Cloud subscription.

Project starts next week, and Fresco won't install.

Appreciate the pointer.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fresco will only run on mobile touchscreen devices. And not all of those. If you have the Radeon graphics card, Fresco will not work with it. The Radeon Vega 8 GPU thats in my Lenovo AIO. is not compatible with ANY adobe software. Not just Fresco. I have all sorts of problems running Adobe on that pc. (AMD ryzen 3/radeon vega 8) Fresco only works with Surface devices, Apple ipad and iphones, and 2-in-1s with Nvidia/Intel graphics, and a certain type of CPU. My lenovo Flex-5 has i5-7200U (i think the U is the relevant piece of the puzzle there) and Intel integrated graphics. The touch screen doesnt even work on it, yet I have been able to install Fresco and use it perfectly. So the key here in the combination of cpu/gpu. Since we are not using Apple, I think the best bet is to check out the Surface devices, and look for a different PC with those exact cpu/gpu combo. Currently im hunting a desktop with the same thought in mind, because I do not want a repeat of the awful mistake I made with the AMD one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally, in Fresco 1.9 (August 2020) Adobe extended support to basically every device with a modern GPU (Intel or Nvidia GPU with DirectX Feature Level 12.1). I happily installed the official Fresco 1.9 on my Lenovo 2-in-1. See system requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks divenex. Have a brand new Lenovo idea pad flex. Radeon graphics with directx 12. Not installing. Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Radeon graphics cards are from AMD, not Intel or Nvidia, and as such, they are not in the list of supported cards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea on WHEN there may be a compatibility? It has been extremely frustrating for me to only be able to use my small laptop (Lenovo Flex-5 15.6'') and then I cannot even open the artwork on my desktop once I get hoe from class (a Lenovo AIO 520 24'') I have the entire suite, but being i design school  I use sometimes several of the programs in one assignment. It is also causing issues with my ACC folder, because the file types are recognized on one device and not on the other. One other weird point. As soon as I unplug the drawing tablet on my laptop, Fresco does not work anymore... It works with the xp pen pro, but not with the lenovo Flex pen...anyone else having a hard time with the Flex Pen? It has a battery, but the xp pen tablet does not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Were you  able to plug in an touch input device to your AMD laptop to get Fresco to work, with a touch pen?

Been looking at this option to work with Fresco on my new Lenovo AMD Radeon setup.

Not found anything suitable.

Is it an external monitor you bought? My lenovo hasn't a touch screen, so I will have to get a touch screen with input device.

Not sure if that will solve the Fresco problem, though.

Works on my daughter's ipad.

So I go buy an iPad to use Fresco?

What options are there that worked?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my laptop is not an AMD setup. I have a lenovo flex 5-1570 model 80xb with an intel i5-7200u and 16gb RAM. It is my desktop all-in-one that has the AMD processor, and a Ryzen 3 GPU. its the Ryzen GPU that Fresco does not work with. In fact, I cannot download fresco at all for the desktop, even though it is a touch screen aio. Supposedly Fresco works with touch screen devices, which is why I thought the AIO would work over the laptop. this is not actually the case. it only works on touch screen MOBILE devices (2-in-1s, ipad , Surface tablets, iphones)

From what I have been able to discover in 2 years of trying to find something that worked with Fresco.... is that if you want it to work on your pc, I think you need to have the "mobile" versions of the processor (I believe its the u at the end of the cpu# that tells me it will work with Fresco. Still not 100%)

It will work with all Surface pcs/tablets. It will work with all Iphones/Ipads, and it will work with 2-in-1 laptops (the ones that convert into tablets) as long as they have the right components to run Adobe (Nvidia GPUs have worked the best for me, I have not had any luck getting ANY adobe app to have the GPU-compatibility with my desktop AIO. I cannot download Fresco AT ALL. Not even on my Samsung phone (though it had it in the app store for about a month, and I downloaded it too. Dont know what happened there)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines