• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My computer died and I lost all my previously saved data and it saved only my recent actions over it

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer died in the middle of working on a piece. When I got everything started back up, my background and line work and some of my color layers were gone. These layers had all previously been saved. When fresco attempted to "recover" my file all of that was gone and only like 5 of my most recent layers were there that had not been previously saved. I've looked in the cloud archive and the only version on my file that is there is the one thats messed up. This has happened to me twice now (once on a previous piece). I don't understand why all of the stuff I actively saved is gone and everything that I didn't save at all is here. Is there a way for me to access a different version of the file? Like the save before this one? I don't mind losing progress I didn't save, I do mind losing progress that I did save multiple times.

TOPICS
Import , Performance , Syncing & Storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

The help desk got back to me and there is a way to revert to previous versions of save files in case anyone else runs into this issue. Here's how they told me to do that:

here is a version history on https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents. Here's how to access that:
Sign in to the page with your Adobe ID, then tap on the drawing.
Tap on the clock icon on the right side of the screen.
That will launch a version history with dates/times.
Tap on any date/time that was previous to you having trouble wi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cassiealaina,
Thanks for reach out. Kindly please help us in providing information for us to look into the issue:
1)Actual steps which lead to this data loss like type of brushes used, document size.
2)How were you saving data previously(By closing the app or by pressing home button)?
3)When your system died(ran out of battery or some other reason?), were you editing the layer on which you had previously saved data or you were working on different layer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was coloring using the “hard round variable” brush. The document is
1080x1350 px. Nothing out of normal or very taxing. My computer just ran
out of battery.

I had previously saved both ways at various points. The last save was most
likely from closing the app.

I had been working on a new layer that is one that got “recovered.” I had
not previously saved with that layer existing.
Essentially everything that was “recovered” was the the layers that had
never been saved. Actively by me by either method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The help desk got back to me and there is a way to revert to previous versions of save files in case anyone else runs into this issue. Here's how they told me to do that:

here is a version history on https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents. Here's how to access that:
Sign in to the page with your Adobe ID, then tap on the drawing.
Tap on the clock icon on the right side of the screen.
That will launch a version history with dates/times.
Tap on any date/time that was previous to you having trouble with the document.
If you find a prior version that you you want to save, tap the ellipsis icon (...) and choose Revert to this version.
Once you refresh the page, that document will revert to that previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines