• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pressure sensitivity - Transitioning from heavy to light

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having trouble getting my brushes to transition smoothly from heavy pressure back to light. In both Fresco and Illustrator on my iPad Pro with my Apple Pencil (2nd). The images below show my stroke going from light to heavy the back out to light(without the stroke getting thinner). I feel like I'm barely touching the screen anymore.

75F087F4-1E0D-4A52-9E16-7EC36F69C29A.jpeg
On the second stroke I was so light pressure I lost contact and started another stroke.  I've played with the sensitivity curve. I've played with brush settings. The strokes above were made with these settings
8E5ED310-C94B-499F-ABD1-20A0EE34EAF6.jpegD2B103E8-1BE0-4D7B-A1A7-CAB10941644C.jpeg

Any tips or suggestions? I am thinking it's me and I need more practice, but hoping for any help.

TOPICS
Device , How-to , Tools , Vector Brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really a solution, but just to say it happened to me when I was using vector brushes (and only vectors) with the smoothing pushed to the max. Since I am not really using the smoothing feature that high usually, I thought it was a little bug, I never had it in Illustrator though.

I hope someone from Adobe can chime in!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How long have you been using Fresco for? Is this a new issue after an update?

Are you used to a different drawing app? 

If you've been using other apps and you're new to Fresco I'd say definitely give it a bit more practice time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines