• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ruler jumpy when rotating

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm drawing in fresco on a surface go 3 and when I rotate the ruler it's super jumpy.  I have a hard time getting the lines exactly at the angle I want.  It moves around just fine, it's just the rotate that's jumpy.  I don't have a mouse or keyboard attached so I'm just rotating with my fingers. Any advice?

TOPICS
How-to , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

To turn off snapping, open your precision panel (the panel near top of the right menu bar that looks like a small grid - same panel where you will find your perspective grids ...). You will see snapping options there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried rotating the ruler at different zoom distances? I think it moves in increments so might look more jumpy at some zoom levels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing. We are unable to see this behavior on Surface Laptop 3. I would request you to share a few more details, including the ones asked by @Sjaani:

This will help us troubleshoot this issue and assist you accordingly.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also wonder how much RAM the OP has in their device and how many apps are open at the time, because maybe that's also affecting performance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem too (ipad pro). I don't think it's a ram issue though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I worked out what is causing the ruler to rotate badly. I think it has to do with rotation snapping. When rotation snapping is enabled and set to 45˚, the ruler jump as it is rotated over a 45˚ angle as it snaps to it, but it's pivot point glitches and it's position jumps.

However, there is also another snap where a ruler will snap to the last position/rotation (this occurs when moving or resizing any shapes or objects). Therefore, when trying to change a ruler's rotation by a small amount, it is trying to snap to the previous rotation. You can prevent this by rotating it a large amount away, then back to where it was as this changes the snapping to that position. Ideally, I think this auto snapping should have the option to turn off, because it makes it difficult to move, rotate and resize shapes by very small amounts without doing that action (to a point and back so the snapping doesn't prevent it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! This is happening to me and super annoying. Would love the option to turn any ruler snapping off.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for working out what's happening though, as knowing why it's happening and rotating away and back as you suggest is helping

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To turn off snapping, open your precision panel (the panel near top of the right menu bar that looks like a small grid - same panel where you will find your perspective grids ...). You will see snapping options there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2023 Apr 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not turn off snapping. Snapping occurs even when snapping is turned off. Turning off snapping only turns off some snapping, not all of it. It's extremely annoying and altering how I want to draw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anyone find a solution to this? It's driving me crazy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adobe! I hate to be an ass but if someone who actually knows what they are doing. could address this. I use the circle tool that is part of the ruler all the time and if I leave the shape tool in a spot it will try to snap back to that spot when moving just a little bit. Please advise on a way to remove that snap. Its anoying every one here. If snapping is so important for that tool then make it a touch modifyer while moving the ruller/circle .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2024 Apr 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NO JOKE!!! IF I WANTED MY RULER OR SHAPE TO BE IN THE LAST POSITION, I ... WOULDNT... BE MOVING IT? I need to fine tune angles, or circles and it keeps jumping around. no matter how zoomed in i am and with whichever drawing guide i'm using. this is with all the snapping options turned off. pleeeeeease let me keep using Adobe and not have to move over to Procreate. 😞 but. . . it's been over a year since the last post and this issue is still here. let's go adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Joshua33966695qu8f,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. Would you mind sharing some more details, like the exact version of the OS/Fresco, the exact details of your workflow, and a screen recording of the problem (https://adobe.ly/4cQnnFZ), so we can investigate this further?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the same poster posting from my personal account - on iPad os 17.4, Fresco 5.4.1.

I'm working with pretty high res images and need to be very precise with the placement of the perfect circles, squares, polygons and lines - it's just impossible with the snapping that still occurs. There are a handful of layers on the illustration in my example, but even on a brand new document, it acts the same. number of layers, type of brush etc does not change that this happens. If more details are needed please let me know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines