• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

will it ever be possible to have turnable / twistable brushes?

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love Fresco but was thinking it would be great if you could also twist the pen/brush (via the Apple iPencil) so that you can alter /adjust the line thickness. If you use a real pen in real life, such as a Pilot Parrallel you can twist /angle the pen so as to get very thin hairlines with the same pen that has a very broad /thick flat edge. But in Fresco this is not possible.....is it something that could be done ? maybe in the future ? or will the Apple Ipencil never be able to detect rotational/twisting movements? 

TOPICS
How-to , Live brushes , Performance , Pixel Brushes , Tools , Vector Brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2023 Sep 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not only it depends on the pen, but also how the brush is built. For example, using Photoshop with my graphic tablet, the rotation works on some brushes, most do not work.
For what I observed, you can set the rotation manually (angle in the "shape dynamics" options) but the rotation does not change automatically if I rotate my Apple pencil (1st generation) but it looks like it's available in the 2nd gen. So I am not sure as I can't test now. But one thing to know, is that it needs to be both the brush AND the stylus that needs to be enabled (Some brushes do have a random rotation built in: I just tested "Heroes", the brush created by Kyle Webster of the Adobe X Bowie campaign last year, and it has that feature in, but you cannot control it with the rotation of the stylus, at least not on mine. It just rotates randomly..)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines