Exit

Add compatibility with more x360-series Convertible Laptops

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HP ENVY x360 Laptop - 15z-ds100 CTO

System Reads: HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15-ds1xxx

This model has equal-to or better specifications than the "Officially Supported" models:

HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15-ee0xxx (2020 Model) (AMD GPU)

HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15m-ee0xxx (2020 Model) (AMD GPU)

HP ENVY x360 Convertible 13-ay0xxx (2020 Model) (AMD GPU)

My system specifications are:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 4700U with Radeon Graphics
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Display Type: LCD HU 15.6'INCH AG FHD 250n
Display HID Support: 10-point touch w/ pen input
Pen Type: HP Tilt Pen 2.0 (Rechargeable, Bluetooth)

I have tried to modify Registry Keys to ennumerate the supported models listed above, but as this information is being loaded from the BIOS ROM, the changes do not stick after reboot. Additionally, HP BIOS Configuration Utility does not allow modifications to Read-Only values, so I cannot change it there.

Please update the compatibility settings to allow my HP Envy x360 to run Adobe Fresco. This laptop has equal or better specifications as the models "Officially Supported" by Adobe. To further drive the point home, I have found a stand-alone installation package for Adobe Fresco 1.9.1 from doing a simple Google search. Since I have a license for Adobe Fresco and I fully understand the risks associated with obtaining software from unofficial sources, I figured that in the interest of finding a solution, I went through with this approach. I found that the software functions in its full capacity, fully supports my pen input, and is communicating properly with Adobe servers. The only drawback for this solution is that Adobe Creative Cloud still shows that it is not installed and that my device is incompatible, therefore, I will not be able to update the software. Nevertheless, the software works, my device is technically compatible, and Adobe now needs to enable me to access the software that I am paying for without having to resort to unofficial channels.

By simply adding a few lines of code to the Creative Cloud repository of compatible devices, Adobe can resolve this issue easily. 

TOPICS
Activation installation and billing , Device

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Alex,

We are working on adding support of these devices. It should be available soon. I will update this thread once it gets enabled. 

Thanks,

Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that Fresco is now recognizing my laptop as a compatible device. The support page at:

https://helpx.adobe.com/fresco/system-requirements.html?guid=cf584cf5-d14f-4cea-86f9-e7c6e7cf9b38&pr...

needs to be updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nevermind. After uninstalling Fresco, it now shows as incompatible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines