Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Feature Request] Adobe Fresco for Android

Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is Adobe Fresco coming to Android? If it is, are there any release dates yet or perhaps even a beta tester program?

[Renamed by Mod]

TOPICS
Device

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Hi prubini87,

Thanks for your interest in Fresco. As of now Fresco is only available for iPad but we're working on developing the app for other platforms and devices. I'll definitely pass on your feedback to the product team. 

Stay tuned for more updates!

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 204 Replies 204
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi prubini87,

Thanks for your interest in Fresco. As of now Fresco is only available for iPad but we're working on developing the app for other platforms and devices. I'll definitely pass on your feedback to the product team. 

Stay tuned for more updates!

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2019 Oct 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love an Android version as well! Seems a shame ipad users have procreate and now there's another app that's exclusively iOS. Bummer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe favors Apple. Not Android. 

It isn't ever coming and never will 

Apple and Adobe both suck. Corporate bull, yet the support people always come acting like they care of have a say what their corporation does 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm chiming in as an Android developer who has built complex Android apps for a living since past 8 years. From my past experience I have worked at companies that made a "deal" with Apple where new apps and features are released for iOS first. The apps and features are "allowed" to be released on Android 1-2 years after the iOS version is out. In return Apple gives discounts on Apple products. When I worked at such companies it would infuriate me that the Android users would leave bad reviews for the apps I'm working on, simply because I was not allowed to work on features that the iOS app already has. It would piss me off so much when I was finally allowed to work/release the new features on Android I made sure I make the UI and UX better than the iOS version. It was my mid finger to Apple and the unfair treatment to Android users.

This Fresco situation sounds pretty much like what I've seen before. Adobe has probably made a nice deal with Apple to receive new products on discount and in return they would ignore the Android users. Its really messed up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2024 Feb 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Makes sense and honestly figured there was a deal, but thanks for the insider info/perspective 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2024 Feb 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It also seems like a bad deal for Adobe since they're getting all the flack, especially since it seems like most iPad artists talk about procreate and not fresco...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's especially  bs because draw is being deleted and I can't even save my projects easily. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not gonna lie, sketch being removed is the only reason I want fresco. If they're not gonna make fresco for Android at least keep adobe sketch on there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

would like as well. use all adobe products and work and do not want an ipad! my samsung tab working with fresco would be amazing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Thnkd for the amazing suggestions. Please make sure you make your voices heard on https://adobefresco.uservoice.com/.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uservoice has tons of requests for Android support and Adobe doesn't even have the courtesy to respond to customer requests on whether Adobe intends to develop Fresco for Android or not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem! I have an Samsung Galaxy S6 Lite Tab and Adobe DRAW was the only reason why I gotten it in the first place. And since. Even though we all are a bit anxious about this, we're going to have to deal with it... While I've been waiting for it, I've been using a different drawing app called ibisPaint X in the meantime. It has a lot more features than Adobe Draw! I'd recommend it if you want to try it out.

Here's a link!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.ne.ibis.ibispaintx.app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found a fix, change the date to an earlier year and you can keep it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has completely screwed me. I built my whole animation studio around adobe. I can't hand draw my stuff directly on my tablet and link to my desktop now. Huge mess for me. I have to rework my whole workload. 

I'm completely furious. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe deserves the slap in the face that Apple users gave them about this app.  Procreate has been available forever. It was poor planning to not go Android first. Again, or as always, Adobe abandons Android users. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[...]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will say I was shocked that they managed to release the app on windows, even before Android; and I have a Surface Book 2, I can definitely get lost in this app. However, with all the money flowing into Adobe, when releasing new apps, you'd think they could just release a really well-built, multi-platform app (pretty sure we wouldn't mind if you released them together but it took longer, just plan your announcements better..maybe not on Apple's schedule). It's 2020, I think they do a lot of Beta testing for apps that are already available (Lightroom, for example) but they don't released both OSs at the same time frame, we're talking a year apart (looking at Spark and more than likely, Fresco and Aero too). I just don't understand that. Android/Windows users' money isn't the same as Apple, fine...but it would give them a bigger advantage and loyalty if they did that seemingly simple change in releasing new software. The old box model was released to everyone at once 😕 just sayin'.
I jumped on the subscription because I wasn't old enough/had a job to cover the expense of the old Master Collection...but I am a cross-platform when it comes to my work (macs at my job; windows and android personally) but having to wait a year to be able to utilize some things that I am technically paying for Apple users to benefit from?? It's messed up. Anyway, enough ranting, I can hardly wait to be able to use my phone to continue my fresco fun.  Keep us patiently waiting...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, today is 31/08/2020. Still no version of Fresco for Android?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay!! We're anxiously waiting for an android version!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just be patient, one probably will be coming. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm very disappointed, it's like a discrimination to sell a pack at the same price but not for the same service.

We are tired to wait ...

Give us a date !

Fresco and Photoshop on my tab it's essential for work more quickly and everywhere.  I'm very close to boycotting you, just like apple you don't listen to your customers ... 😣

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly! I wouldn't be surprised if Apple was buying them out of something. It's hard to believe that they'd be stupid enough to ice out half their consumer base if there wasn't something in it for them...​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is that Android app coming?

Oh right. It isn't. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been almost 2 years. So... I guess what you're post should have said is "we don't care about our loyal Android customers. We will take your suggestion and throw it in the trash and laugh at you."

But it's gonna suck when you realize that all the Android users noticed you don't care and cancel all their subscriptions on their phones and their windows devices. Eliminating probably half if not more of your customers is a pathetically silly business decision... It really breaks my heart that you would do that, Adobe. 💔

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines