Highlighted

Import brushes to Fresco and manage them easily

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All your queries releated to brushes are answered here.

1. Import huge brush sets or mega brush packs to Fresco

You simply just need to bring your brushes into Fresco through Photoshop for the smooth workflow. For better understanding, follow this tutorial: https://helpx.adobe.com/mobile-apps/how-to/kyles-brushes-in-sketch.html

2. Don't have Photoshop? Here's how to import the brushes to Fresco

For those who don't have Photoshop, you should make smaller file sets of the brush sets and bring in those smaller sets. So instead of trying to import 200 brushes at a time you'd be trying to bring in 20.

3. How to manage (delete, modify, rename) the brushes from within Fresco?

Its not possible to manage your brushes from within the Fresco app. You'll need to install the Creative Cloud Mobile App onto your iPad and manage your brushes from the Libraries tab.

4. Brushes imported to Fresco are grayed out or take time to load

If your brushes are successfully imported to the Fresco app but look grayed out or you just see the grey lines instead of brush names, please make sure that you're connected to a high speed network because the brushes take time to load basis on their size and network connection.

5. No way to reorder/re-arrange the brushes in Fresco?

If you find it tedious to scroll trough your brush in Fresco app each time you're working on any artwork, try marking the most used brushes as favorite and that way they should appear at the top.

Missed out any query? Have something different to ask? Feel free to post your question and we'll be happy to assit you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Import brushes to Fresco and manage them easily

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All your queries releated to brushes are answered here.

1. Import huge brush sets or mega brush packs to Fresco

You simply just need to bring your brushes into Fresco through Photoshop for the smooth workflow. For better understanding, follow this tutorial: https://helpx.adobe.com/mobile-apps/how-to/kyles-brushes-in-sketch.html

2. Don't have Photoshop? Here's how to import the brushes to Fresco

For those who don't have Photoshop, you should make smaller file sets of the brush sets and bring in those smaller sets. So instead of trying to import 200 brushes at a time you'd be trying to bring in 20.

3. How to manage (delete, modify, rename) the brushes from within Fresco?

Its not possible to manage your brushes from within the Fresco app. You'll need to install the Creative Cloud Mobile App onto your iPad and manage your brushes from the Libraries tab.

4. Brushes imported to Fresco are grayed out or take time to load

If your brushes are successfully imported to the Fresco app but look grayed out or you just see the grey lines instead of brush names, please make sure that you're connected to a high speed network because the brushes take time to load basis on their size and network connection.

5. No way to reorder/re-arrange the brushes in Fresco?

If you find it tedious to scroll trough your brush in Fresco app each time you're working on any artwork, try marking the most used brushes as favorite and that way they should appear at the top.

Missed out any query? Have something different to ask? Feel free to post your question and we'll be happy to assit you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very helpful, thanks! I think most of us get that everything at this point happens through the cloud. But I think this points to an issue for users who don't have a very fast internet connection. Managing brushes and other elements makes good sense. But I would ask for Adobe to consider some way (caching, preloading...) or the ability to have certain elements locally stored. Seems to make sense especially for those working remotely on an iPad.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bingo. I am working remotely without internet, and the fact that the brushes seem to be stored in the cloud makes Fresco 100% useless. Procreate doesn't have this issue. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. I have a question.
Is there a way to save a customized pixel brush?
Size, Color, and more...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mio4444, 

I'm sorry but there is not such possibility as of now but you can submit a feature request here: adobefresco.uservoice.com

Regards,

Sheena

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not very helpful. This completely misses the issue. I don't mind waiting a while for brushes to be loaded the first time, but I DO mind:

- No feedback is given for when the brushes are loaded or not. They just randomly appear.

- Even after brushes are loaded, they disappear again! And then they must be re-loaded again. 

This is so so basic - how can this app fail in such a basic area as loading brushes? I can't even begin to use it before this issue is fixed. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Can you elaborate on the issue a little more? Does the app ask you to load brushes again when you launch it? 

Have you already imported your brushes into Fresco completely?

We're here to help!

Regards,

Sheena

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"please make sure that you're connected to a high speed network because the brushes take time to load basis on their size and network connection."

So you are saying that Fresco can only be used while you have a high speed internet connection? If so, that is just horrible, terrible, disastrous. Why in the world would you design your app to behave this way?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

The app can work in low speed connection as well but if you're trying to import a brush into the app then it might take sometime to sync to the app because syncing completely depends upon the network.

Regards,

Sheena

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's say I'm on the train in the middle of nowhere and want to paint what I see out of the window. No internet connection. I load up Fresco. All brushes are just a grey line and cannot be selected. Is this really how you designed your app to work? In other words, it doesn't work at all?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know--WTF?! I was SO excited to finally use Kyle Webster's brushes on my iPad. Downloaded 'em  right to my device, loaded the file(s) in Fresco as directed, got a progress window + what SEEMED to be an indication the process had finished. Opened the brush panel again ...nothing but gray boxes. Is this seriously going to take hours?! My wifi connection is just fine. What am I supposed to do--find some way to plug the iPad into my modem? Jeez almighty...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I tried the import the brushes at my end and everything loads fine. Kyle's brushes are a huge collection and definetely require high speed to load. For the first time, it might take some additonal time to get imported but once it is there, it'll load up normally each time. 

Did you try connecting to a different network and check the difference?

Regards,

Sheena 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines