Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resize canvas and adding in custom background texture for watercolour

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting the watercolour paper background:

I'm aware of how to set custom sizes and add my own layers of watercolour paper to my images to give it an effect of water colour paper. Was wondering if I could set up custom templates so that these choices could be automated? 

Getting the watercolour paper edge effect:
In photoshop you can change the canvas size after you've completed any work and it would adjust all layers accordingly. This was often a way to produce a faux matte frame for me. I was hoping to get the same effect on fresco vs applying the changes to the layers individually after the fact. 

last random question/bug here: I've noticed if I use the Apple Pencil tap function for the eraser (settings function in the app), when I tap to get back to the brushes it defaults to another brush, noticed this with the addition of the new eraser options.  

TOPICS
Canvas settings , Live brushes , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

If you have an image open and tap on the gear in the top right to open your settings you'll see the size directly under the documents name, tap on the blue ?x? to bring up the Canvas size screen, you can then change the width and height.
This will create a transparent edge (I don't think you can set a colour here) around the whole image which you can then fill in what ever colour you like.

The only options you currently have for creating custom is to have a white or transparent background, I do

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have an image open and tap on the gear in the top right to open your settings you'll see the size directly under the documents name, tap on the blue ?x? to bring up the Canvas size screen, you can then change the width and height.
This will create a transparent edge (I don't think you can set a colour here) around the whole image which you can then fill in what ever colour you like.

The only options you currently have for creating custom is to have a white or transparent background, I don't think there is a way to save a custom background at this stage. You might want to consider using the Feedback links in Fresco to pass on the suggestion that they add the ability to create custom sizes with custom backgrounds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines