• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stupid app just reverted my file to an older state and lost all my work

Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working on a drawing for several hours. Renamed the files. Came back a few hours later and the work is basically what I had 5 hours ago. 

Lost all my work. 

Absolutely gutted.

i don't get how it reverted to an older state 

TOPICS
Syncing & Storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still furious and dejected after this.

the file did "go away" it reverted to an older state.

more adobe let downs as usual

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harrigan. 

As Dave mentioned, please send us your device details so I can help determine what happened.

You can message me through Fresco's Report A Bug link (tap the gear icon in the upper nav then App Settings > Help > Support > Send Feedback) and your device/app information will automatically populate the email.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue — thanks for responding. 

Unfortunately, I can't send a generated report from the device since I used non-device email despite being connected to my CC account. 

2020 4th Gen Ipad Pro 12.9 with pencil

238 GB available

+98 GB CC storage
App did not crash

I showed the drawing to my partner.

Renamed the file, set it down, and plugged it in to charge. 

Went and cooked dinner — came about approx. 2 hours later and the drawing reverted to a sketch from what was a finished colored drawing. 

I was able to save support logs to dropbox if those work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a funny thing — for fun I checked out the time lapse export and I can see ALL MY WORK and then at the very end it blips back to a sketch — is there a way to access the prior saves or version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi. 

You can actually still email us from Fresco's Report A Bug link even though the connected email is not the same as your Adobe ID; we still get all the device/app information we need to help troubleshoot. 

But, about your new question. There is a version history on assets.adobe.com; if the drawing was saved/synced at some point prior, there should be versions of it there. Here's how to access that:

Sign in with your Adobe ID to https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents

Tap on the drawing.

Tap on the clock icon on the right side of the screen.

That will launch a version history with dates/times.

Tap on any date/time that was prior to your crash.

If you find a prior version that you you want to save, tap the ellipses icon (...) and choose Revert to this version.

Once you refresh the page, that document will revert to that previous version.

That doesn't solve the underlying problem of why your edits weren't saved but if you can message me through Fresco's in-app feedback I can probably help get to the bottom of what happened. 

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did the app crash?   What device are you using?  Any and all information you can give us would help immensely 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines