• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects unable to render error -1610153464

Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2013 Aug 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Adobe CS6. Today, I upgraded to CC. I work on a MacBook Pro with 8GB RAM, and the latest OS X, Mountain Lion. Here's my dilemma.

Although I own the CS6 Master Collection, I have never used After Effects. So, I am an AE newbie. For years I have mainly used the other apps, PhotoShop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Flash, InDesign, etc.

I wanted to prepare a presentation for my company. I purchased an After Effects template that I liked. http://videohive.net/item/new-company-presentation/5182042

When I opened the template I received the following message: "After Effects: this project must be converted from version 9.0 (Windows) and will open as an untitled project. The original file swill be unchanged."

Screen Shot 2013-08-29 at 4.17.50 PM.png

After quite some time creating and preparing all my samples in a Quicktime movies I was ready to customize the AE template.

Following the AE template author's instructions I was able to customize the template, editing text, importing my movies. When I added the "Final Comp" to the Render Cue, and then started rendering, I immediately got the following error: "After Effects error: Rendering error while writing to file '/Users/...Final Comp.mov'. An output device module failed. The file may be damaged or corrupt. (-1610153464)"

Screen Shot 2013-08-29 at 4.04.23 PM.png

I tried rendering the original unedited file. Same error.

I tried researching solutions.

I turn off my firewall. "blockage in the communication between After Effects and the Adobe QT32 Server." http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2011/02/troubleshooting-quicktime-errors-with-after-effects.html

I tried removing a third-party Quicktime importer components. http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/startup-screen-hangs-premiere-after.html

I tried exporting the file from AE to Premier Pro. But, got the following message when opening the file in Premier:

"The preset is used by one or more sequences in this project requires third-party components that could not be located. These sequences will be modified to use a custom sequence setting instead. To continue editing using the original preset, quit the application without saving the project, then install any third-party components that are required and reopen the project." Note: The author of the AE template said that no external plug-ins were used, that everything was created in AE.

Screen Shot 2013-08-29 at 4.40.34 PM.png

Also, when opening the file in Premier, a "Load Project" window open listing the following:

"Video filter missing: AE.ADBE Color Control

"Video filter missing: AE.ADBE Fill

"Video filter missing: AE.ADBE Slider Control"

Screen Shot 2013-08-29 at 4.40.58 PM.png

I attempted to do a render from Premier anyway. But, got the following error: "Could not connect to Adobe After Effects. Please verify that Adobe After Effects and Adobe Dynamic Link components are installed." I checked, They are!

Screen Shot 2013-08-29 at 5.20.23 PM.png

I finally "bit the bullet" and upgrade to, and installed the Creative Cloud version of After Effects hoping that this may be a solution.

Today, I installed After Affects CC. This time when I began the render, AE started to render. Then, after a couple seconds of video being generated the same errors reappeared!

Can anyone offer some guidance as to how I can get this resolved?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 30, 2013 Aug 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, when opening the file in Premier, a "Load Project" window open listing the following:

"Video filter missing: AE.ADBE Color Control

"Video filter missing: AE.ADBE Fill

"Video filter missing: AE.ADBE Slider Control"

These are expression errors. The rest - you are directly rendering to your Dropbox?! That's slightly mad! Sorry, that won't work. Dropbox will continually check files to sync them and that alone may be enough to cause file access errors of all sorts. Render the files to a different location and generalyl store your working project elsewhere, then move/ copy the files into your Dropbox only when needed.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2013 Aug 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback. This morning there was an update to After Effects. I am now running version 12. As you suggested, I copied the files to a folder on my desktop. Then, I launched AE clicking on that file. I began the render. At first, it seemed like the file was rendering. But, then after about 5 seconds it stopped, and the same error appeared (-1610153464). Any, other advice? Thanks in advance.

Screen Shot 2013-08-31 at 9.35.08 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I received the following error after AE stopped rendering:

Screen Shot 2013-08-31 at 9.35.37 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW. In the last test I made sure that all the assets, i.e., the .MOV files that I was using were also moved to the desktop. The render failed.

So, I then tried creating a whole new project. I opened a new composition with the default settings, next image.

Screen Shot 2013-08-31 at 9.55.57 AM.png

I then added one of the assets from my presentation. An 11-second Quicktime movie that I created at 1080p, 30fps.

Immediately, the render failed. Same error. But, AE did not crash.

Screen Shot 2013-08-31 at 9.58.32 AM.png

I hope that I don't have to change gears, and recreate my pres in a different app. I have one week left to pull this together.

Any other guidance is greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2013 Sep 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, I created a whole new project. Imported an Adobe Illustrator file with five layers. One background layer, the rest were text layers. The entire project is 11 seconds. I made some minor effects to the text in After Effects, position, and opacity. Went to render it, and the same error appeared.

Screen Shot 2013-09-04 at 1.26.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2013-09-04 at 1.27.17 PM.png

Screen Shot 2013-09-04 at 1.27.02 PM.png

I have the error log file if it will help.

Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2013 Sep 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I quit Dropbox, although the files do reside on my hard drive (an SSD). I quit Creative Cloud. Restarted the computer. Quit the two apps, again. Dragged my new, short AEP file to the desktop. And, it rendered.

Then, I copied the original AEP Template that I purchased (that started this whole thing). Converted it from Windows 9 version. Attempted to render it without making any edits to it. Same error. Wouldn't render.

I have Quicktime 7 Pro version 7.6.6. I also have Quicktime Player 10.2 that comes with Mountain Lion.

I have read through "Troubleshooting Quicktime Errors." http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2011/02/troubleshooting-quicktime-errors-with-after-effects.html

So, essentially I am giving up with After Effects. Too buggy. An Adobe tech support, well, good luck with them.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2013 Nov 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experienced the same problem with AE files. The problem is very easy to solve.

1. Right-click on the yellow zip-file you downloaded.

2. Select “Extract All.” You must extract the files to different location, so you need to create a folder so that you can send the extracted files to that specific folder.

3. Once you extract the AE files to the new folder, you can now open the AE file by double-clicking on the file in the folder you created. Immediately, the file will open in AE and you simply follow the prompts from that point on. This must be done with each AE download.

I created a folder on my desktop and named it AE File. So now all I have to do is follow the procedures above and select the extracted files to download to this folder. It works great now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 31, 2013 Dec 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I figured out a work-around. Export the file as an F4V, then convert it to MOV using Adobe Media Encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2014 Jan 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

This has been bugging me for a while as well as I need to render 30+ videos on a weekly basis to .MOV Uncompressed.

Finally figured out that adding it to media encoder's render queue and changing it to what I need (By clicking on the codec, which will bring up an interface that looks like Premiere Pro's) and it rendered without a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello friend, let me help you.

Some time ago I had that same problem, I tried to solve it as you tried too but it did not work for me.

The solution is "Add to the Media Encoder Processing queue", with this program it renders you the After component without any problem.

If it helped you, I'm very happy.

Blessings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines