Creative Cloud keeps moving all of my files into the trash can

Apr 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Entire folders and files disappear from my Creative Cloud folder and they get moved to the trash can. Is there a reason this keeps happening? How can I prevent this from happening in the future?

Well- good news/bad news update. Good new is that the MAC I first reported on sync issue is fine after the support changed my permissions. But now, I am trying to sync on a Windows machine, and getting the deleting again. I guess I will report to support again and see what to do on Windows.. will keep you posted.

Adobe tech support- I hope you document the issue somewhere to help users?

Topics

File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly I'm very sorry that you've had this less than ideal experience.  I completely understand the pain this has caused you.

We have a fix for this issue, which we are working to validate to ensure there are no recurrences.

It has taken us some time to get this fix in place because we have struggled to successfully replicate the issue in house.  We have enough data from the information you provided, as well as the log files you shared, to understand the reason for the issue.  This has lead us to the fix I mentioned.

As I mentioned, we need to validate the fix before rolling it out.  I'll keep you informed of when you can expect to see an update.

Thanks,

Derek

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

derekajackwharress

Relaunched CC today and it appears that things are being restored from trash. Can you confirm that there has been an update? Still says version 2.0.0.74

Now there's another 1200+ files that are re-syncing (yet again) so let's see where things land when that finishes.

Lack of communication around this issue, and the severity and frequency of CC sync issues in general have left us looking back to Google/Dropbox for day-to-day file storage and syncing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same is happening to me...Going to probably have to stop using Creative Cloud for storage after all the breaking bugs over the past two months. It's just not to be considered a backup solution and definitely not reliable collaborative storage.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ijernigan,

We are truly very sorry for your inconvenience.  We released a hot fix on the 14th of June and we'd like to know if you are still experiencing this issue; if you are please could you provide us with the following information by sending an email to syncforum-communication@adobe.com.:

• Could you send us your log files so that we can investigate further? (instructions to access and send the CoreSync log files are below)
  • Were all of your files moved to trash or was it just some of them?
  • Do you have any missing files that we could try to recover?

Accessing and sending CoreSync log files

Please zip up the entire 'CoreSync' folder at the location below and attach it to the email.

Mac:

/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync

Windows:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CoreSync

'Library' on Mac and 'AppData' on Windows are both hidden folders. Please read these pages for help on showing these folders:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/show-hidden-files-folders-extensions.html (Win)

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html (Mac)

Warmest wishes and apologies once again,

Ashley

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having the same issue within our company! Please fix soon!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi brandonb74366063,

We're extremely sorry that you and your colleagues have had a less than ideal experience, its really important that we get this right for you so any help that you can give us will be really appreciated.

We released a hot fix on the 14th of June and we'd like to know if you are still experiencing this issue; if you are please could you provide us with the following information by sending an email to syncforum-communication@adobe.com:

• Could you send us your log files so that we can investigate further? (instructions to access and send the CoreSync log files are below)

Please zip up the entire 'CoreSync' folder at the location below and attach it to the email.

Mac:

Windows:

'Library' on Mac and 'AppData' on Windows are both hidden folders. Please read these pages for help on showing these folders:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/show-hidden-files-folders-extensions.html (Win)

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html (Mac)

Ashley

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having the same issue in our company, and it is causing serious trouble, we are desperate to get this solved as soon as possible!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hind,

a fix will be made available very soon for this issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hind,

We're really sorry that you have been inconvenienced and I hope you will give me a chance to get this rectified for you.  We released a hot fix on the 14th of June and we'd like to know if you are still experiencing this issue; if you are please could you provide us with the following information by sending an email to syncforum-communication@adobe.com:

Mac:

Windows:

Ashley

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same issue. Had to restore from my trash three times already.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi numinumi,

We're very sorry that you have had to restore from your trash folder three times, its really important to us that we get your syncing experience right so we would be extremely grateful if you could work with us on this.

We released a hot fix on the 14th of June and we'd like to know if you are still experiencing this issue; if you are please could you provide us with the following information by sending an email to syncforum-communication@adobe.com:

Mac:

Windows:

Ashley

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines