• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Suite still slow with brand new mac

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased the fastest available MacBook Pro. Creative Suite still dogs and pauses. What can I do to speed up ID, Illustrator and Photoshop?

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presumably you mean Creative Cloud? Which versions?  

Assume you're running macOS Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. 5.0.0.354. Yes Catalina. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which versions of InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop? Have you ensured they are all the current versions?

Some people have opted to roll back from Catalina to Mojave to get better performance for their apps. I have not had to do that on my iMac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the 2020 versions of those three (ID, Illustrator, Photoshop). It's incredibly disappointing to spend $5,000+ on a new machine to find that rolling back anything is possible a solution. I kinda question whether I do infact, have a 2.4GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 with 64GB 2667 MHz DDR4 installed on this machine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Assuming you have a new generation machine, you probably have  processes running in the background that are eating up resources and cutting into performance. 

1. Clean out Mac OS system junk.
  2. Turn off non-essential apps on start up.
  3. Defer or disable real-time anti-virus scans & backups until off work hours. 
  4. Turn  off energy saving sleep mode.  
  5. Disconnect from the Internet.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you roll back to  an older version that doesn't need the same number of resources? New software tends to have higher hardware demands. Do you need all the latest features of the software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines