• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2019 crashes on opening images

Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I bought Creative Cloud All Apps and installed Photoshop 2019. But whenever I tried to open an image, the software crashed and the image never opened. The software virtually closed.

Could anyone help?

TOPICS
New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abha,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. I wondered if this might be related to videocard or its driver. You might try disabling the GPU from the Photoshop preferences as described here: Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues

You might need to reinstall the driver, similar to this Photoshop Crashes When Opening Images

Best,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, Thanks for quickly reply.

I will try and let you know.

Is there any easy method to resolve the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2019 Jun 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abha08  wrote

.....Is there any easy method to resolve the issue?

If your graphics card is an Nvidia, go to their website.  There are tools there to automatically identify your card, find the drivers listed by release date and an option to pick one.  A driver will then be installed automatically.   With rare combinations of computer, operating system and software you may have to pick a driver that is not the newest.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2019 Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so will Photoshop itself open and it just crashes if you try to open any image?

are the images on a network drive, are they all the same kind of file i.e, camera raw, jpeg etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What kind of images are you trying to open? Big files? Do you happen to have a lot of other applications open at the same time? I wonder if it is not a ram issue  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines