• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"can`t find accespoint to proces _crtCreateSymbolicLinkW in DLL-file C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCP110.dll." ??

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2015 Jun 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed CC2015, Ps and Lr as a trial. As well as Ps Elements 13 trial.

Installation went well, Ps an Lr trials started but I can`t open either one.

When I go through program files and open the applications from there, or I use the desktop shortcuts, I get an error  "can`t find accespoint to proces _crtCreateSymbolicLinkW in DLL-file C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCP110.dll." (translation from dutch)

Both Lr and Ps give the same error, only difference is the header that either says "Photoshop.exe - accespoint not found" or "Lightroom.exe - accespoint not found" .

Can`t upload Jpeg or PNG screenshots for some reason (forbidden image types) ????

Ps Elements 13 starts in a small dualwindow which asks for to open either the library (left side) or the editor in a trial (right side), Ps Elements 13 starts and then crashes, the library opens if chosen.

I tried de- and re-installing everything several times. Contacted chat that offered me a payed subsription as a solution.

However I can`t start any 2015 application of Adobe. even the trial of Ps Elements 13 crashes at start-up, after it asks to start the trial.

So Ps and Lr doesn`t say trial expired, in CC-Start -Tab it says 29 days left (of my trials), the Apps-tab never gave "start trial"- buttons and only show "buy now" - buttons..

Anybody any clue?

I use a i7Q820, 8GB RAM, Windows 8.1 computer.

Tried installing with and without AV programs and Firewall.

Should I delete all and clean with the Creative Cloud Cleaner and start over?

Lost a bit of faith in the software allready since trying to install a trial costs me already more than half a day with no working applications so far and the solution offered is a payed subscription where I never have seen a "trial-expired-window", an opened application or any place to put a key in.

Thanks in advance.

Eric

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 20, 2015 Jun 20, 2015

First let me write down the proper translation of the error-message, so everyone can find it, and sorry for my poor former translation, it should be ;

"Photoshop.exe-Entry Point Not Found", as well as "Lightroom.exe-Entry Point Not Found".

"The procedure entry point _crtCreateSymbolicLinkW could not be located in the dynamic link library   C:/Windows/System32/MSVCP110.dll"

The solution is simple.....

This problem lays in Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 , I found my answer in this post;

Photoshop Entry Point Not Found

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For now I found this:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/livemail-wlinstall/says-i-have-missing-msvcr11...

Unfortunately both tools didn`t bring a solution to my problem.

Notes;

De System File Checker run in the Command Prompt as administrator should be entered in capitals to do the scan;

C:\WINDOWS\system32>SFC /SCANNOW

The scan takes several minutes with an i7Q820 cpu.

This tool couldn`t repair all corrupt files it found.

The Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool couldn`t do that either, it has a two step repair mode and finally it send all the logs found to Microsoft for analyzing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First let me write down the proper translation of the error-message, so everyone can find it, and sorry for my poor former translation, it should be ;

"Photoshop.exe-Entry Point Not Found", as well as "Lightroom.exe-Entry Point Not Found".

"The procedure entry point _crtCreateSymbolicLinkW could not be located in the dynamic link library   C:/Windows/System32/MSVCP110.dll"

The solution is simple.....

This problem lays in Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 , I found my answer in this post;

Photoshop Entry Point Not Found

My solution was/is;

Control Panel > Programs & Features (add/remove programs) > first look for Microsoft Visual C ++ 2012 x64 > right click > change (not remove/uninstall).

A window will pop up > choose repair

The Microsoft Visual C ++ 2012 x64 will be repaired > finish

Then look for Microsoft Visual C ++ 2012 x86 > right click > change (not remove/uninstall).

A window will pop up > choose repair

The Microsoft Visual C ++ 2012 x86 will be repaired > when finished it will ask for a reboot/restart.

After the reboot Photoshop, Lightroom and Ps Elements 13 started normal and asked if I would like to continue my trial period.

All applications work normal!!

A bit of a pity, I lost 2 days on Ps an Lr looking for this simple solution.

Hopefully this will help others in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2016 Jan 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is an old post, but thank you so much! New AMD drivers borked my system and after spending days trying to sort them, I was ready to burn down the house when the fix created this error. Now I can finally get back to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2016 Mar 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, the fix worked perfectly and saved me a lot of  time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Had the same problem with a running CreativeCloud account starting 07-25-2018. But your solution still works fine. Thank you. In my case, Premiere, Photoshop and Illustrator didn't work correctly or at all anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines