• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Allow for keyboard shortcut customization

Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2011 May 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Customizable keyboard shortcuts in Lightroom would be great. I just find it so confusing that crop and brush tools and things like that have such odd keyboard shortcuts in Lightroom. I understand that changing that all now would be awful for many existing users, but being able to override them like I can in Photoshop would be helpful. Doesn't anyone else out there find they use to wrong keyboard shortcuts in the wrong program?

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 22, 2023 Oct 22, 2023

Updating status

Status No status

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 272 Replies 272
272 Comments
LEGEND ,
May 05, 2011 May 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think many people would appreciate being able to reassign keyboard shortcuts, including to plugin commands. While it would be better if this were built in to LR, the plugin Keyboard Tamer currently provides that functionality:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2011 Jun 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Custom keyboard shortcuts would address many requests, including this one about additional shortcuts for basic adjustments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2011 Jul 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe this hasn't been part of Lightroom since the beginning. Having different shortcuts for LR and PS is asinine.

Keyboard Tamer is a total kludge and the developer is non-responsive to questions even after a nice cash donation to his cause.

C'mon Adobe, this is much needed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Oct 03, 2011 Oct 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also adding programable shortcut keys to presets, like actions in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 06, 2011 Oct 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Lightroom having such a huge amount of users by now, wouldn't it be about time to implement configurable keyboard shortcuts and stop burning all non-US/UK keyboard users?

Br. Jay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Nov 15, 2011 Nov 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
Is it possible to set up your own shortcuts in Lr?
(an obvious example being for the purple label, but there are plenty more taske it would b helpful to shortcut if possible?

Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Soon we will be releasing a lightroom plugin that will allow you to set shortcut keys for presets in lightroom. You can get more information @ http://missingelement.net/products-2/

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

$99 seems steep just for preset keys - am I missing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couldn't agree more with Rob. Is $99 a typo or something? And the website didn't provide much info to help a potential user justify such an expense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does it for free:

PADDY for Lightroom
https://sites.google.com/site/dorfl68/

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip Chris - Paddy looks real good, although I haven't been able to save a script yet...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2011 Nov 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the merged topic: See this thread for how to assign a shortcut to the fifth color label (default purple):

http://forums.adobe.com/message/37679...

(Keyboard Tamer doesn't know about color-label shortcuts.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2011 Nov 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Customisable keyboard shortcuts with the ability to add them for the develop slider settings, i.e. white balance, black, exposure etc pleeeeeeeaase

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2011 Nov 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Customisable keyboard for french people Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2011 Dec 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Customizable Keyboard Shortcuts in directly in Lightroom would be excellent! Like a shortcut to jump straight to the Library Text Filter Dialog Box, I use it all day every day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2011 Dec 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the other thread: Ctrl+F (Cmd-F on Mac) takes you directly to the Text filter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 13, 2012 Jan 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We want to be able to customize everything (sort of like paddy) and not have to rely on expensive third party support that break with updates to lightroom.

This should be supported in lightroom itself. PLEASE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 14, 2012 Jan 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Especially importent for those of us working in other languages than English and using a different keyboard

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 26, 2012 Mar 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why isn't there a keyboard shortcut for access adjust exposure, recovery, temp, tint etc? This will allow easy mapping of gestures, wacom keys etc to quickly change stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2012 Aug 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given the versatility of the new Wacom Intuos 5 Touch Tablet and its radial menu it would be nice as in Photoshop CS5 and CS6 if you were able to add shortcuts to menu items to use with Lightroom 4. I have a lot of additional shortcuts added in Photoshop CS6 that are on my Radial Menu that make it much fast to perform certain tasks. It would be nice if I could have more custom shortcuts to use in Lightroom 4 and beyond. Thanks for your interest in our feedback it what will always be one of the reasons I come back to Adobe Products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2013 Jan 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

how about a customization option in LR, for changing shortcuts of tools etc.?
It can't be that hard :).
It works in Photoshop as well!

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2013 Feb 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop has this option. Why not Lightroom?

I would really like to "Open as Layers in Photoshop" with one keystroke.

Better yet, I'd love to open a series of stacks as layered psd file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2013 Oct 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really very basic functionality that is missing in my opinion. Lightroom's biggest weakness is how its interface limits productivity by forcing you to use the mouse for everything when the keyboard is so much faster. Paddy is great but just one guy with limited resources. Please Lightroom Team, do this and do it right so we are able to get the most out of the software we've purchased! Thanks, Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2013 Nov 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot tell you how many times I have accidently dragged a finger on my keyboard and suddenly, I’m in an alternate universe. Yes I am talking about the myriad keyboard shortcuts in all Adobe products. One misplaced stroke on the keyboard, and your screen may change dramatically as you have inadvertanly pressed an unknown key and have to try to figure out how to get back to wherever you were. I would be amazed if there was even one person in the world that has all the keyboard shortcuts in every module of LR memorized. So here’s my suggestion and I have to believe it would be easily implemented by your brilliant software engineers (I mean that, they really are).

How about a preferences tab with a page for each module that would allow one to turn off, or turn on the keyboard shortcuts. It could be a simple checkbox for “All On” or “All Off” with “All On” being the default. But it would allow one to check on just the ones needed. That way, a person could start with some basics turned on, and then add more as they become more proficient. You know, the old “baby steps” theory.

I really hope you take my suggestion to heart and implement it. It would make LR an even more fabulous piece of software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 09, 2013 Dec 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to be able to quickly change my keyboard shortcuts to improve my workflow. Looked for a similar way to change it like Photoshop, only to discover it doesn't exist!

Can we get this?

Votes

Translate

Translate