• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Ability to select Lens on Lightroom Camera App

Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest smartphones are equipped with multiple cameras so for photographers they are a bit like having a DSLR with interchangeable lenses.  I just acquired one with telephoto and ultrawide lenses in addition to the default wide lens.   With the PRO mode of the phone's built-in camera app, it is perfectly possible to select a lens/camera and capture RAW files (DNG format) for editing later in Lightroom.   However with the camera included in Lighroom Mobile, you can only use one default lens.  To fully exploit the phone hardware and the nice features of the Lightroom camera, it would be really good to be able to select any one of the available physical cameras/lenses.  
I appreciate that this might mean manufacturer-specifice code in Lightroom but it could be worth exploring what is possible to enhance the interest of the Lightroom camera with the latest phones. 
[I only have experience of Android phones but I have tagged this post for iPhone as well, assuming it is relevant.]

Idea No status
TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
21 Comments
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've removed the iPhone/iPad tag as Lightroom mobile does already support the multiple lenses. Would you mike sharing which phone you're using? Others can add to this feature request over time, so they can add their phone versions too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Victoria, I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra which I just got a few days ago.   I can switch between the the default back cameras and the front "selfie" camera (the usual camera icon at top right) but I haven't been able to find a way to select among the 4 back cameras with the Lightroom camera on this phone. 

But it might be interesting to know what you do on the iPhone, just in case I am missing something ?   

I had a similar experience with my old Samsung Galaxy Note 9 with its 2 back cameras.  The desirability of the feature increases with the number of unavailable cameras of course!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On iOS, it's a button just to the right of the shutter button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I don't see that on my Samsung phones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have one front lens/camera and three lenses in the back of my phone, and they are: ultra-wide (about 0.5x zoom), wide (which is the main camera, 1x zoom), telephoto (about 3x zoom).

I want to take photos using the Lightroom Mobile app, but I can only choose either the front camera/lens or the ultra-wide lens in the back, which means the other two lenses in the back are not available/accessible.

It seems that the Lightroom Mobile app does not support this feature yet so I am posting this feature request.

Phone: HUAWEI P30

Operating System: HarmonyOS 2.0

App Version: LIGHTROOM ANDROID V7.2.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have one front lens/camera and three lenses in the back of my phone, and they are: ultra-wide (about 0.5x zoom), wide (which is the main camera, 1x zoom), telephoto (about 3x zoom).

I want to take photos using the Lightroom Mobile app, but I can only choose either the front camera/lens or the ultra-wide lens in the back, which means the other two lenses in the back are not available/accessible.

It seems that the Lightroom Mobile app does not support this feature yet so I am posting this feature request.

Phone: HUAWEI P30

Operating System: HarmonyOS 2.0

App Version: LIGHTROOM ANDROID V7.2.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto on Motorola.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I'd love to help you here.

You are correct; currently, Lightroom for mobile (Android) only uses the primary camera lens of your Android devices.  

You can use your Phone’s inbuilt camera application to shoot photos from various camera lenses available and import those images into Lightroom. 

To know more about Lightroom Mobile’s in-app camera, please check here:  

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/using/capture-photos-mobile-android.html 

Merging your feature request with an existing thread. Please add your upvote.

We hope this helps,

Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola, hasta cuando activarán la opción de lentes en la camara  para Android?

Funciona perfecto en iPhone, pero por que en Android no ?

Sin duda su cámara es genial en iphone pero nos están limitando mucho en Android.

Siempre he esperado esa actualización pero nunca llega. Ojalá puedan hacerlo posible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eduardo,

Thanks for reaching out. I'd love to help you here.

Currently, Lightroom for mobile (Android) only uses the primary camera lens of your Android devices.

Merging your feature request with an existing thread. Please add your upvote.

We hope this helps,

Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OnePlus 9 Pro

For me.

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does app developers neglect Android when it comes to features. They bring everything to iOS, but always neglecting Android. Switching to multiple camera or lens in an app is not a big deal. Every manual camera (free and paid) allow the users to do that, but still Adobe sucks. If we can take pics with the native camera app, then why do you even provide a camera in the Lightroom app. I feel this like they give Lightroom camera on Android in name only. And all the good features to iOS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One year later, after @Sameer K said it "currently" only uses the primary lens, and it is still there, so no hope for it to support the other lenses, "as we all know Apple pays a lot to keep its privileges. But here in my case (Huawei P30) I'm stuck with the ultrawide lens, not the main lens, so Lightroom camera is useless as the stock camera is far better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2023 Jul 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I saw an official tutorial on how to select different lenses (wide/tele/...).

This unfortunately does not seem to work on the Pixel 7 pro.

Maybe there is some setting to get right first?

I couldn't find a way to use any lens except the main one.

Help / update for the app would be much appreciated. 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Die Lightroom Mobile App switcht nur zwischen Front Kamera und Weitwinkel Kamera. Wo ist meine Telelinse? Ich habe mit den Fingern die Telelinse zugehalten und bis 500 X gezoomt - die Telelinse ist nicht angesprungen. 

Nutze Huawei P30 Pro. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I just got a new smartphone and I confronted this issue that apparently have been reported years ago and still not fix...

So another android user that wants to use the 3 cameras built into the smartphone on the LR camera. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MODS, this is NOT a lens PROFILE request. This is a lens HARDWARE COMPATIBILITY request. Don't lump mine under Rikk's thread. This doesn't apply. Also, none of the given tag suggestions were correct. This should be tagged as Hardware, Lightroom, Android, Pixel.

Lightroom mobile "supported lenses" https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/supported-lenses.html

... only supports up to Pixel 3. A five year old phone. When do you intend to support modern Android Pixels with multiple cameras? I'd like to be able to select between the four on my Pixel 8 Pro. There is currently no UI option to change which camera is used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on this? LR can't use the 5x on my S24U, would be great to use HDR DNG on this phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would also be very usful if the app would remain in photo mode if the device was in standby, to just be ready as fast as possible to take a photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and another year on they STILL havent bothered.

So we've had apple support for 3 years and no android support at all which effectively renders the app useless on what is the biggest OS by market share globally.

Most mobiles now have multiple lenses.  Simply ignoring those for literally several years is utterly ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2024 Apr 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a Samsung Galaxy S22 (android) phone running One UI version 6.0, Android version 14, which has 3 lenses (ultra wide 0.6x, standard 1x, telephoto 3x). These are accessible with the native camera app but not the Lightroom camera. I would also appreciate being able to choose one of my phone's other lenses instead of having to rely on the native app just to have access to the other lenses, especially the telephoto which I use a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate