• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Add Desktop Color Calibration tool to Lightroom Mobile App

Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, please, please add the color calibration tool into Lightroom mobile!  

I've mostly converted to editing on the iPad, but darn... just can't do without that tool for setting a global style to my images.

Idea No status
TOPICS
iOS: iPhone , iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
12 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2023 Aug 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, it's time. My phone is more powerful than my laptop, and its screen is also more color accurate, I understand that there will always be features better suited for computers, but this is a low hanging fruit opportunity. Color calibration is key in my editing process, and it's annoying not being able to fully rely on the tool that I have the most with me, my phone, to finish my edits color wise. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2023 Aug 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seconded. If the supposed only difference between LR Classic and mobile is meant to be local vs online storage, then there needs to be feature parity. This calibration panel absolutely does not require desktop computing resources to implement (and modern iPads are more than powerful enough these days even if it did), so there's no good reason not to have it. 

Adobe, please listen: no one wants a dumbed-down, simpler editor on mobile. We want LR Classic editing on mobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2023 Dec 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I'm using camera calibration on Lightroom classic version on my Mac.

It would be very handy to add this feature, that many photographers are using for sure, to Lightroom for iPad.

I'm using my iPad on the go for drone shots and portraits (for last not so many).

This feature is very powerfull, I hope developers can add this.

Photographers, please support this feature request.

You can find me also on Instagram tag ua_dronnie

Thank you!

Instagram ua_dronnie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean the camera calibration using a colorchecker chart that creates calibrated camera profiles? Do know that you can import the profiles you create using those tools just fine in Lightroom Cloudy too on your desktop and they will sync to your mobile devices. You can also have the software generate a dng file that you can load on mobile lightroom and import the profile that way if you don't use cloudy Lightroom on your desktop. There are surprisingly few people that use this type of calibration but it is useful that it is available. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean this camera calibration option

Снимок экрана 2023-12-27 в 22.16.44.png

Instagram ua_dronnie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh that is a legacy thing from very long ago. It will never be available the cloud version as sliders you can manipulate but you can create creative profiles that include these settings that will apply these settings in the cloud Lightroom. You can use camera raw to generate those. The profiles generated this way will work in Classic and cloudy both. You won't see the sliders change but it is applying them behind the scenes as a new zero point for development

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2024 Jan 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seams that many LightRoom users rely on the colour calibration menu on the Classic version (and on the Cloud version, the menu itself is disabled by default). I'm planning on using it too, since it makes it a lot easier to have balanced photos in terms of colour, so it would be great if it could be available on the mobile app also. 

I edit photos on the go, and at this moment I need to spend quite a while ajusting colours using the colour mix menu. Once I get back home I often find myself discarding my colour edits and start again using the colour calibration on the Cloud version.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2024 Apr 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this tool was added to iPad I think I could do every single thing I do on my iPad. Game changing for travel photographers! PLEASE PLEASE add!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2024 Apr 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been added to desktop cloud version. Your solution doesn't do the same thing, we want to adjust these sliders for each image individually as well (or at least I do)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2024 Jul 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1, this is missing on iPad Pro as of July 2024 for no reason because these devices are extremely performant. It is such a massively important feature for creative edits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please bring feature parity on mobile and iPad.

Missing features: masks amount slider and calibration.

Adding mask amount slider is probably about 3 minutes of work, yet for many months it's still not added.

How can you expect users to use iPad version together with desktop one in their work when this features are just missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2024 Jul 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also dearly miss this setting on the iPad. 

I generally don't understand why there are different develop settings in different versions of Lightroom. All the settings of Lightroom Classic should be in all the other apps. Otherwise this counteracts the idea of the Adobe cloud. When editing on the iPad, why should I suddenly not need a setting I use in Lr Classic?

Votes

Translate

Translate