• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merge paint and paint-along-path tool presets

Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love the paint-along path tool, it's amazing, But I have one gripe. I have a library of paint tools that I would like to use on a path, but as far as I can tell, that isn't doable. Paint tool presets only apply to paint and path presets are separate,  so in order to use existing brushes I'd need to redefine all of their parameters again manually and set it up as a path preset, which means I'll have doubles of tools in my library, and there's no clear way to even differentiate between a path tool and a paint tool in the list.

Seeing as how the only difference is two extra parameters in the path presets, I was wondering  - wouldn't it make sense to merge them so that presets can be used for both?

If there's some underlying issue that makes this impossible, the next best thing would be a way to allow dragging a brush preset into the path tool panel to apply the brush settings, similar to how you can drag materials into the material mode slot.

Idea Under review

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Hello Michael,

Thanks for the message.

You've clearly pointed out a current issue with Substance Painter. The library has to be rework (not only Path/Brush), and the purpose of each resource has to be clearer.

That's a topic that is currently in discussion.

Regards,

Status Under review

Votes

Translate

Translate
1 Comment
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Michael,

Thanks for the message.

You've clearly pointed out a current issue with Substance Painter. The library has to be rework (not only Path/Brush), and the purpose of each resource has to be clearer.

That's a topic that is currently in discussion.

Regards,

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe
Status Under review

Votes

Translate

Translate

Resources