• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D blur filter

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an issue with the blur filter that has been around since the first version of Substance Painter, and I can't understand why it hasn't been addressed yet. 

The issue happens when you try to blur something close to a UV seam - which is often unavoidable. Example:

SP_BlurIssue.gif

Note: while there is a workaround involving the blur tool to mitigate these artifacts, it demands a considerable amount of effort. Moreover, it's easy to miss these artifacts if we do not meticulously inspect the entire model.  

Is there any plan to resolve this issue permanently? I have observed numerous colleagues expressing frustration over this. Please give this matter the attention it deserves.

Thanks.

Idea Under review
TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes , Discussion , UV Tiles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

Hi @Nando_ ,

Unfortunately, this is the expected behavior considering the filter works in 2D view. I agree this is bothering, and a 3D blur filter would be welcome. However I have nothing to share for now, but I'll rename your post and move it to the idea section, so people can upvote for the feature.

Regards,

Status Under review

Votes

Translate

Translate
4 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Nando_ ,

Unfortunately, this is the expected behavior considering the filter works in 2D view. I agree this is bothering, and a 3D blur filter would be welcome. However I have nothing to share for now, but I'll rename your post and move it to the idea section, so people can upvote for the feature.

Regards,

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe
Status Under review

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel like the 3D blur filter is absolutely nessisary built into painter.  Ive needed it so many times, blur effects can help build alot more complex effects and filters, having things blur in 2D UV space is pretty much useless imo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2024 Aug 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a third party plugin called 3D blur and it allows 3D blur using position map as reference. Just search 3D blur substance painter Action Dawg, the one on itch.io

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 05, 2024 Sep 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

so. someone make it.

but adobe can't?
what?

Votes