• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export to Photoshop

Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you enable the paint across UDIMs to work with exporting to photoshop, it would mean a great deal for artists that will have to make a paint kit for their textures.

Thank you so much

Idea Under review

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Hi again Tim,

For the Substance Designer's workflow, we don't talk about opening your Painter's file with Designer, we're talking about trasferring your current work onto a new model made for the legacy workflow.

If the UVs stay the same, you could also simply export your current maps as bitmap and reimport them in the new Legacy project. But no matter what, the layer stack won't be sent to Photoshop without a Legacy workflow.

Best regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Making the export to photoshop option functional with the UV Tile workflow isn't as easy to implement as it sounds. That doesn't mean we're not interested in the feature, but this is not the current priority.

Regards,

Status Under review

Votes

Translate

Translate
15 Comments
Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if we can just export 1 UDIM at a time would be great. Again I hope this feature can come out, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is quite a complex feature to implement unfortunately and it might not come around to be made. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any technique to convert a highly detailed model/textures over to the legacy without losing the months of hardwork of information substance painter stores? 

Who do I need to bribe and how much to implement this feature? 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your okay with loosing your layer stack you could bake down your informations in Substance 3D Designer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would need layers for the paint kit such as various dirt and wear layers. I only really care about the base color, roughmets and normals don't need worry about.

I remember when the paint across layers you couldn't export layered PSD and they fixed that quick. I was truly hoping one of the genius devs would find an easy solution.

I am a little bit nieve on designer is there a video or tutorial that you could point me to figure it out?
I appreciate the help and thank you for everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this would be very useful, i know lots of people who could make good use of it for their videogames and other projects

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's definitely a great solution for my usage as well.

+1

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thinking again, I don't know how this hasn't yet been implemented. It's a must have for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Geoffroy,

IS there any info on how to used designer to bring in a Painter file? So I can try to maybe export it out to Photoshop now that Adobe just hit me over the head with a huge price increase? 😄 Thanks man, I appreciate any help you got.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2023 Jun 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly I pay a lot of money to Adobe every year. I pay for the subscriptions and deal with issues and when I try to get support i don't get anything but a badge for my community profile.

I just don't see how a feature that works with one way in the program is not important to work for another way to create in that very same program.

I am getting really tired with lack of support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Metal2Mesh,

As said in our previous thread, making the export to photoshop option functional with the UV Tile workflow isn't as easy to implement as it sounds. This is obviously something we are interested in, but many other features are also expected and developping take some times.

For the Designer's workflow, I'm not sure what Geoffroy had in mind, so let me ask him and come back to you.

Best regards,

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cyril

I am thankful you guys are trying and not forgotten about it. 
Sorry to be a squeeky wheel

Again Thank you,
Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Tim,

For the Substance Designer's workflow, we don't talk about opening your Painter's file with Designer, we're talking about trasferring your current work onto a new model made for the legacy workflow.

If the UVs stay the same, you could also simply export your current maps as bitmap and reimport them in the new Legacy project. But no matter what, the layer stack won't be sent to Photoshop without a Legacy workflow.

Best regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cyril,

I would have to experiement with that, I did export all the masks out to make the PSDs the old fashion way. 
Sort of in crunch mode trying to get this paint kit ready for when the plane releases.

Really appreciate the info, was kind of confused. These programs are so powerful, I really love the Substance products. Been with it since the very beginning. Haha but never had the time or brain power to wrap my head around Designer yet.

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Making the export to photoshop option functional with the UV Tile workflow isn't as easy to implement as it sounds. That doesn't mean we're not interested in the feature, but this is not the current priority.

Regards,

Status Under review

Votes

Translate

Translate

Resources