• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D lighting in 2022 - revolve lighting?

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make a circle, cut it in half, revolve it. If you revolve it a full 360°, everything works perfect.

1. If you Revolve an object only 300° (or anything less than 360°), then the lighting shines on the backside of said object. The light perspective is that it shines from inside the computer out the front of the screen, it lights the back side of the object instead of the front.

2. I need to rotate the object around so the missing 60° is facing the user, so we can see inside the rotation. When I do this rotation of the revolved object, the lighting stays on the back side of the revolve and there is no way to illuminate the interior part of the revolve. How does a user move the light to the front of the object in this instance?

Look at the 180° revolve in the example below. It is 1/2 of a sphere, but again the lighting is behind the 1/2 sphere... Help!

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Feature request , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see what you mean. Seems like this feature is underdeveloped. Adobe will probably add features as they get feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines