• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D material/decal glitching near hole in model

Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2024 Jul 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot figure out the correct lingo to search for a solution to my problem. I've created a very simple shape in Illustrator with a simple hole knocked out of it. When I place a material on it you can see a visible glitch between the hole and the edge of the model. It's even more pronounced when I try to place a decal on that exported model in Dimension. Thank you in advance!

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you are using 3D and materials? Not classic 3D?

And then the map does not work? Can you show waht you are using as a map? Does it need to be 3D and Materials or can you also use the classic 3D effect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I'm using 3D and Materials, because I want to be able to export the OBJ into a program like Dimension or TwinMotion so I can utilize realistic lighting. I am very unfamiliar with mapping, and I don't see any options for such a thing in the 3D & Materials.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2024 Jul 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mapping will not be exported anyway. 

Just the color, no materials at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines