• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A border when use pathfinder

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why The red image above overlaps the green image below, but when there is a red layer at the bottom, it appears as a green border?
I aligned the top red to fit the green edges
But when I add a red background behind, it appear a green line
But when zoomed to 300%, that line disappears

Thanks 

TOPICS
Experiment , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

After using pathfinders (and when using certain kinds of base elements that are aligned improperly) it can alsways happen that there is actually a line. I do not think that is the case for you.

So I assume that you are indeed dealing with an antialiasing issue. In most cases, this does not print, but if it bothers you, make the neighboring red shape (which is underlying that crescent moon shape) larger, so that it covers the green shape.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not clear where the shapes are and what the pathfinder has to do with it.

Please write step by step. and post screenshots of the objects it the Layers panel.

Maybe this is a preview issue. Does it vanish in View > Preview on CPU?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Draw a red rectangle no stroke
2. Draw a green rectangle no stroke smaller (1/2 red rectangle) above
3. Copy and paste front 2 times that green rectangle
4. Select green rectangle and move right some distance (press Shift to move plz)
5. Select 2 green rectangle and use minus front (pathfinder). you will see A tiny green rectange above a big green rectange that you made in step 2
6. Select that tiny green rectange and change color to red (make sure it's color same with the red color at step 1)
Done
You can see a border green i say

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you need the copies for?

If you just move one of them, there is still at least one unnecessary green rectangle.

Please show what you want to do with that. I do not get that workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• i want to do this but it has green line follow steps i sayAB1EE0CB-1093-444A-85D2-1D5C0C6E0F1F.jpeg
  • ā€ƒ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that green line still there when i change Preview on CPU or Preview on GPU, nothing happen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you want to create shading?

In that case it might just be an antialiasing issue.

It would be better to slightly overlap that red shape on the left.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I mean is that the red shape will obscure part of the green ellipse, and you call that a shading right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you want to use that for shading, right?

What color will it eventually have? Red or a darker green?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

both is have same problem, but i just care about the red because that green line affects aesthetic factors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's red

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In short, that green line belongs to the antialiasing issue?, is there a way for me to remove it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After using pathfinders (and when using certain kinds of base elements that are aligned improperly) it can alsways happen that there is actually a line. I do not think that is the case for you.

So I assume that you are indeed dealing with an antialiasing issue. In most cases, this does not print, but if it bothers you, make the neighboring red shape (which is underlying that crescent moon shape) larger, so that it covers the green shape.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

okay, many thank šŸ˜„

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

380752F3-848D-45C0-AE02-967FE21CD341.jpeg

ā€ƒ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines