Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Account "Rebrand" Notice

Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello beautiful community.

This is just a friendly message (that will likely only reach a small number of the most active users before it's buried) to let you know I've updated my screen name for the forum from DilliamWowling to Disposition_Dev and I want to try and avoid any confusion about who's who. Unfortunately, i know it may cause some confusion for a future reader with existing comments that reference my old handle. =( But the info is still there for a determined person.

And just in case you're curious why, I'll give a bit of my thought process, which will also help me organize my thoughts as well. I'm attempting to get the ball rolling on several personal development goals. As with many others, my mindset and mental state are crucial to effective personal development. In the last few months, an old addage has been bouncing around in my brain... "It's not your position.. It's your disposition."

I've decided to make this idea the foundation of any other efforts at personal development. The things that happen to us mean very little in the grand scheme of things. It's how we choose to handle those situations that reverberate through time.

Activity on this forum and doing my part to help is a pillar of my improvement goals. Putting in effort to help the community and to foster an interest in learning how to dig deeper into Illustrator than you thought possible is simultaneously:

• a boost for my mindset/headspace
  • mental exercise in problem solving
  • mental exercise in effective communication
  • mental exercise in seeing problems from multiple perspectives
  • very rewarding when people reach out for more information and share what they produced with the info

So. Long story short.. Pursuant to having a daily reminder of the importance of disposition over position, I've decided to "rebrand" my account here to add a visual component to this daily reminder. A recent ADHD diagnosis in my adulthood has taught me to look for ways to make life easier instead of bemoan how hard life can be. One of my main difficulties is the ability to remember something if i'm not either actively thinking about it at the moment, or see it (or a representation of it) in my field of view. I believe having this sentiment displayed on each of my posts will help provide that necessary visual stimulus.

So.. yea.. Nothing else really. no code to share or problems to solve at the moment. plain old "hey guys" community post. But it is still a forum.. So if anyone else has anything to say or share apropos of the concepts above.. Let's hear em. Do you struggle with memory or retention? How do you tackle it? Do you have a different preferred addage that you try to live by? what is it? 

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi William, thanks for sharing your situation. I know folk with ADHD who describe their struggle in very similar terms. Life can be very difficult and I don't have much to add to the discussion, except to say that I think my superpower is "being unreasonably kind to myself", which is a good superpower to have I reckon, even though it sounds pretty lame. 🙂

I do hope that your new username serves you well. I have always enjoyed the positivity and enthusiasm in your posts—not to mention the benefit of your expertise!

- Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life." 

Omar Khayyam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi William, thanks for sharing! It's rare to see anything strictly Q&A. I have not much to say about ADHD, other than fellow ACP DAX's post about his struggles and "coming out" on LinkedIn the other day. He got a such a wave of positive responses I was shocked. I like reading people's comments on social media but it gets tiring seeing mostly negative comments about pretty much every kind of post.

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/daxcastro_adhdisreal-adhd-disabilitypridemonth-activity-6957529149045...

thanks for sharing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best of luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for sharing, William.

I see disposition as a crucial core, to be true to, and to develop further, for everyone.

So yours is a powerful screen name, now taken. Is Disposition the best way to refer to you henceforth?

In any kind of cooperation between equals, such as here in this forum, I see complementariness as a strength, where dispositions, ways of perceiving, challenges and other experiences, and much more, lead to partially or fully complementarness including skills and approaches, enabling us to offer the widest possible range of suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Putting in effort to help the community" is a great way to develop yourself. It is important to take care of your mental health as well as your physical health.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines